Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
January 19, 2021, 02:42:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No ocarina  (Read 5520 times)
Ayla
Active Newbie

« on: January 16, 2010, 10:17:58 pm »

Would LOVE to learn how to play the ocarina however i do not have the funds to purchase my own right now as my husband recently lost his job. Not asking for a handout (although that would be lovely) this is just a challange I have..

« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 12:48:06 am by Ayla » Logged
Ayla
Active Newbie

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 05:12:20 pm »

On that note when I do have monry which polycarbonate ocarina would people suggest?

clarinetcat

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 03:54:58 pm »

On that note when I do have monry which polycarbonate ocarina would people suggest?

Either would be fine to start, although I believe much of the beginning lesson material from Mountain Ocarina is designed for the "G".

"Time is a great teacher.
Unfortunately, it kills all its pupils."

- Hector Berlioz
Karl B

Ocarina Beginner

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 12:44:08 am »

Here's a couple of ideas for you:

Have a garage sale.
Have a bake sale. 
Do a couple of odd jobs for a neighbor.
Have one less "luxury" item per week. i.e. cigarettes, coffee, donuts, lunch out, etc.

As for the Ocarina, ditto on the G.

Karl B

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."   --Thomas Jefferson
Dan Hazy

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 03:49:52 am »

I'll just do a side by side comparison for you.

The Poly G: Higher pitched, harder to play (at least I think so), has an one more hole than the Poly C, smaller and more portable,.

The Poly C: Lower pitched, easier to play (like I said,just my opinion), bigger and more curmbersome,

Dan Hazy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: