Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
January 18, 2021, 05:14:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Griffin SmartTalk Headphone Adapter  (Read 3779 times)
hoodsmom

« on: November 15, 2009, 03:03:28 am »

If you've got an iPhone or and iPod Touch, one of the iPod headsets with microphones might work to turn your iPod or iPhone into an ocarina field recorder.  Do your homework, because there are lots of complaints about durability of these products.  I settled on the Griffin SmartTalk because it wasn't very expensive and ppl use it successfully with Smule's ocarina app and Skype.  It has horrible Amazon ratings for durability, but I figured I could protect the poorly-designed connection that everyone complains about.  I posted a short review with sound samples on YouTube <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6IMzkP8lYE>

Airth

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 08:40:26 am »

Interesting - as you say, the sound quality is very good. Were you playing directly towards the SmartTalk? As far as I can tell, Karl always seems to position his mikes either to one side or directly behind him. And Ubizmo wears his headset with the mike pointing up.

hoodsmom

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 03:53:14 am »

I had the microphone part of the adapter on my music stand (so somewhat below the ocarina) about two feet away.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: