Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
April 01, 2020, 10:58:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The recording project has begun!!!  (Read 10364 times)
clarinetcat

« on: November 30, 2009, 05:56:13 am »

I just spent the last three days (8 hours each day) laying down the majority of the raw tracks for my first album! I still have a few hours of raw recording to do in a couple of weeks, and then it will be several more hours mixing and mastering each track during the holiday break.

If everything goes as planned, the recording end of the project will be completed late January-early February, and then I'll go to print sometime in March. Release will be planned for April-May 2010.

Although this project is mostly didgeridoo, percussion, and clarinet, my two MO's (Poly C and Warmstone G) did make a special guest appearance on the title track.   Grin

"Time is a great teacher.
Unfortunately, it kills all its pupils."

- Hector Berlioz
stevolandis
Active Newbie

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 04:01:53 am »

Wow- that's cool- you should get sklar to do some throat singing- it would sound cool. Can't wait to hear some of the music!! Hope ya do well!

-Stevo

Last night I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, and I thought to myself-where in the world is the ceiling? -Anonymous.
clarinetcat

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 10:51:36 pm »

Wow- that's cool- you should get sklar to do some throat singing- it would sound cool. Can't wait to hear some of the music!! Hope ya do well!

-Stevo

Intrestingly enough, that is exactly the plan.   Grin

Mr. Sklar is returning home with one rough mix of a composition I wrote specifically with him in mind, and he will be adding some throat singing to the piece in his home studio.  Once completed, he will send the track to me for the final mix in the studio here.

I'll keep you updated.   Wink

- Hector Berlioz
Spatolo

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 11:47:51 pm »

Will you sell the disc digitally? Maybe even with no DRM with a service like magnatune.com?

Just to know. I'm interested in the disc already but I try to avoid whenever possible to pollute the environment and my wallet transferring something over the ocean if that very something could be transferred faster, cleaner and for free over the big net Smiley

Ciao!

clarinetcat

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 04:12:31 am »

Will you sell the disc digitally? Maybe even with no DRM with a service like magnatune.com?

Just to know. I'm interested in the disc already but I try to avoid whenever possible to pollute the environment and my wallet transferring something over the ocean if that very something could be transferred faster, cleaner and for free over the big net Smiley

Ciao!

Yes, I do intend to have didgital download available, but I haven't explored all my options yet.  My initial plan was to have it available on CDBaby.com, and possibly even Amazon.com... I am unfamiliar with magnatune.com and will have to explore that option.

Thank you for your interest!   Cheesy

- Hector Berlioz
stevolandis
Active Newbie

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 02:00:57 am »

Nice- what genres do you plan to do(didge, duduks, drums, etc) If you have any sound files of what it might sound like, it would be cool to hear it  Wink

-Stevo

Last night I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, and I thought to myself-where in the world is the ceiling? -Anonymous.
clarinetcat

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 02:25:49 am »

Nice- what genres do you plan to do(didge, duduks, drums, etc) If you have any sound files of what it might sound like, it would be cool to hear it  Wink

I have the raw files at school, you can give a quick listen to one or two tomorrow...

Musical styles will be everything from American Blues to Celtic, Australian to Asian, including one piece in particular writen like a movie score.  The completed album will have mostly didgeridoo, with many types of drums and percussion, a piece with a clarinet "choir" (Bass, Alto, two Sopranos), some shakuhachi (japanese flute), NAF's (Native American Flutes), guitar, throat singing, and one piece featuring ocarinas that I actually just wrote last night during a power outage... I scribled it onto manuscript paper by candlelight.  I felt like Mozart in the movie "Amadeus", straining my eyes trying to get what was in my head onto paper late at night before the idea evaporated into nothingness.

"The rest is just scribbling and bibbling..."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejv2_CkZRHo

- Hector Berlioz
stevolandis
Active Newbie

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2009, 02:18:13 am »

HaHa- I can imagine you going crazy (although not as crazy as Amadeus Roll Eyes looking for paper and a pencil and writing it down Shocked- like during POWWOW- when patty made that cool Klesrom song. It's very annoying when a good tune/rhythm pops in your head and you can't write it down. Then- you go crazy trying to remember it. Huh I'll try to remember to listen to it on monday- maybe you could remind me to remind you to show me the music. I'm sure it will be awesome Grin

-Stevo

clarinetcat

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2009, 12:53:38 am »

Well, the music composition that I was writing by candlelight last week was recorded last night in the studio.  I used both a G and C MO, my beautiful WarmStone G I purchased a month or two ago, and a brand new Aluminum C that wasn't even out of the shipping box 3 hours before it was in front of a microphone.   Cool

I'm pretty pleased with the way it came out, although the other instruments in the piece will need a little tweaking before I mix it down.

For anyone who is interested, here is an online tour of the facility:
http://www.sistudios.com/tour.html

By the way, the MO's were recorded dry, isolated in the vocal booth with (I believe) an old U47.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 08:04:30 pm by clarinetcat » Logged

- Hector Berlioz
stevolandis
Active Newbie

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010, 01:57:28 am »

Today, I heard some mixed files by clarinetcat- they sound really cool- just a bit more work. Interesting mixes of music styles. Good job CC!

clarinetcat

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 02:39:08 pm »

Album is currently in production, will be reeased May 30th...

http://www.treemangathering.com/hollowvoicesnewcd.html

There is one dedicated ocarina track, featuring two MO's, a warmstone G and an aluminum C!!!

- Hector Berlioz
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: