Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
June 16, 2019, 04:53:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Aluminum G Ocarina  (Read 30682 times)
clarinetcat

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2010, 02:14:49 pm »

I think I have a solution for the aluminum slipperiness problem.  Violin rosin!  I'm going to get some and try rubbing a bit on the end of the ocarina.  That should increase the friction on the surface, since that's why violinists use it on their bows.  Furthermore, it can easily be removed with a bit of alcohol, so there's no permanent damage to the instrument.  I don't think it will be visible, either.

Ubizmo

How about beeswax?

"Time is a great teacher.
Unfortunately, it kills all its pupils."

- Hector Berlioz
ubizmo

I couldn't fail to disagree with you less.

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2010, 07:57:56 pm »

How about beeswax?

Not a bad idea.

Ubizmo

Spatolo

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2010, 10:58:04 pm »

Have you tried any of those ideas? My fear is that it would soon get covered with dust and other dirt, then become ugly and less effective. I of course hope to be wrong.

ubizmo

I couldn't fail to disagree with you less.

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2010, 11:21:59 pm »

I didn't try rosin or beeswax yet, but I did try rubbing hard candle wax on the end, just a bit.  It works pretty well, and you can't see it.  I think you have to clean the stuff off and re-apply it regularly, but that's not a problem, especially on aluminum.

Ubizmo

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: