Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
April 04, 2020, 04:59:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: For those thinking about buying a MO  (Read 12947 times)
Scott Maness

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2014, 05:54:13 am »

I love the warm sound of my polyC and have now ordered a polyG to go with it. I guess the G will have its own character.

I had started out with the poly C and G. Later I purchased a warmstone G, Hardwood C, Warmstone C for my son and a Hardwood G for my daughter.  Every instrument has it's acquisition syndrome.   Smiley

They both sound great.  The G really cuts through several instruments very well, but can be piercing if you play it in a parked car with the windows up.  The C has more of a mellow sound and tends to blend well.

Thomastik Dominant plus Pirastro strings for my violin are a nightmare due to cost but not the oc.

I have a set of Dominants on my viola right now.  I am thinking of trying out Warchal as they are about half the price.  I was told that the tone was comparative to Dominants. 

Ayo10
Active Newbie

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2014, 08:26:06 am »

They both sound great.  The G really cuts through several instruments very well, but can be piercing if you play it in a parked car with the windows up.  The C has more of a mellow sound and tends to blend well.

I have a set of Dominants on my viola right now.  I am thinking of trying out Warchal as they are about half the price.  I was told that the tone was comparative to Dominants.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 08:31:38 am by Ayo10 » Logged
Ayo10
Active Newbie

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2014, 08:34:13 am »

I will have to come back and spill the beans about how I am getting on with the polyG. Oh thanks for the tip on Warchal. I've never come across them. Hopefully I can get them in the UK.

Ayo

P.S...sorry for the double post. I couldn't delete the previous one.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 08:35:58 am by Ayo10 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: