Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
April 07, 2020, 06:08:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Ubizmo" MUST make Tab for his songs.......  (Read 4877 times)
greg88777
Active Newbie

« on: March 28, 2010, 09:39:13 pm »

i know i speak for alot of people when i say that the MO player who goes by the name Ubizmo is extremely talented on the instrument and NEEDS to write down his musical concoctions.  i know he says that he plays by ear, but i wish he could take the time to tab some of it down or film his videos from different angles so we could play by sight. 

Im (along with others im sure) a big fan of his youtube page and ive tried to learn some of the songs he plays just by watching his videos but ive had little luck with that and ive never been good with playing by ear (nor do i have the time to attempt it). 

Mr. Ubizmo, if your reading this and you have the time, please Tab some of your songs or film your videos with multiple angles.  your music is awesome and i am among many of your Youtube MO fans. 

-Greg

Danny
Active Newbie

Ta-da

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 01:01:00 am »

Yes he must!

Playing the black nag is fun!
kypfer

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 06:58:36 am »

Most, if not all, of the tunes Ubizmo's recorded are copyrighted material - publishing "tabs" of them would effectively be illegal, and against the ruling of these forums. Best thing to do is learn to read music ... it's really not that difficult, if you really want to ... then buy the sheet music for the tune(s) you're interested in. I've bought dozens of tune-books and sheets of music on eBay for little more than pennies and can read from most of them with little problem. Just a year ago I was counting the notes up the stave one at a time ... it can be done, "if you really want to"  Wink

"I'm playing all the right notes—but not necessarily in the right order."
LeakyDuck

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 03:59:12 pm »

I second kypfer!! Tab has it's only value in that you can learn a few songs quickly. BUT when you learn to read music the world is yours. C, D and G covers to majority of folk music and many pop songs as this is in the range of most vocalists. The learning curriculum as published by Mountain Ocarina is a good program to get you started.

That is one of the reasons I love the ABC programs. You can transcribe any piece of music. Just be aware of the copyright issues, but other than that there is a world of music out there for you to play. I use an App called Tunebook on my iPad and iPhone. As I fill up my song book I soon will be freed of the need to carry a notebook to jams.

ubizmo

I couldn't fail to disagree with you less.

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 04:22:29 pm »

Another factor is...I'm lazy! I play almost everything by ear, so writing out the music in any form is time-consuming. I hardly ever do it.

Harp Player

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 05:21:51 am »

I can definitely understand that Umbizmo, I play the harmonica by ear, and most of the time I don't have a clue what note I am actually playing, I just know it is the right one at the moment.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: