Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
August 09, 2020, 08:34:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Another great tune for MO  (Read 4243 times)
ubizmo

I couldn't fail to disagree with you less.

« on: January 13, 2009, 09:55:38 pm »

I'm always thinking about good tunes for the MO.  This tune, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNkO1-PNiUQ, popped into my head about a week ago, but I couldn't remember what it was, and didn't write anything down.  This video showed up today and I remembered!  It's the theme from "For a few dollars more" by Hugo Montenegro.

ubi

Secretagentdan

Exodus, movement of jah people!

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 10:02:51 pm »

Is that the Clint eastwood movie, came after fistful of dollars? I saw the first one. Great tune, and great playing by our ocarina friend in the east! Dan

Peace, Shalom, and Salaam to all here at MO forum!
Irwin J. Finster
Active Newbie

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 07:13:53 am »

Wow, I loved this tune back then when the movie came out, sounds GREAT on the ocarina of this guy! Would love to get my hands on the sheet music for this tune, but my search-fu proved inadequate Embarrassed. Anyone know where I might get hold of it?

ubizmo

I couldn't fail to disagree with you less.

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 02:02:17 pm »

Wow, I loved this tune back then when the movie came out, sounds GREAT on the ocarina of this guy! Would love to get my hands on the sheet music for this tune, but my search-fu proved inadequate Embarrassed. Anyone know where I might get hold of it?

I'll just use my note-fu for you, with stripped-down ABC notation.  Lower case for notes above high B.  And I used commas to help with the phrasing.

A d, c A
G A, G D
A d, d e d c d e f
A d, d e d c d c A
A d, d e d c d e f
d c B c, A G, E C D

You'll notice that high 'f', which is produced by blowing a bit harder.  There's a lot of discussion of that in the "Unofficial Alternate Fingering" thread.  If you drop the tune down a step, you can avoid the high F, but then you'll need to do a fipple bend to get a low Bb.  If you drop a half step, it'll fit but will be in a very difficult key to play in.  At least, I couldn't play it in that key. 

As recorded by Hugo Montenegro, it starts on concert B, not A.  The video I linked to is, I now realize, the original track by Ennio Morricone, and that one starts on A.  If you play this on the G ocarina, you'd of course be starting on concert E.

Ubizmo

The original

Irwin J. Finster
Active Newbie

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 05:40:21 am »

Dear Ubizmu! Thank you VERY much!  Grin

Nephiel

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 08:20:49 pm »

I like this tune. I tried starting with
G# C#, B G#
and played by ear from there, it seemed to work.

Also, the theme from "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" is good to practice vibrato Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: