Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
December 12, 2019, 10:43:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can this be played on the C ocarina.  (Read 2965 times)
vithant
Active Newbie

« on: June 23, 2010, 10:38:09 pm »

If someone will explain this to me I will purchase an Ocarina in wooden, warm stone , or whatever is available.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/l/led_zeppelin/stairway_to_heaven_tab.htm.

I know nothing about tabs.

Thanks
Jim

ubizmo

I couldn't fail to disagree with you less.

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 11:08:30 am »

Yes, you can play this on your C.  I don't know anything about guitar tabs, but from listening to the actual recording, I know that it's in A minor.  If you just want to play it, and don't care what key you're in, you can play these notes for the opening theme:

D E F E D E
D E F G F E D
F G A G F E D
C C D

You should be able to work out the rest from there.  When you get to the second part, you can't jump up an octave.

D D D F E D C D
D D D F E D C D
D D D A G F E E D
D D D A G F G A....

If you play this on the MO G, it'll be in the same key as the recording, so you could actually play along to it.  That won't work on the C.  So if you wanted to play along with the recording on your MO C, you'd have to take all of the above notes and transpose them up a fifth.  So D becomes A, E becomes B, and so on.  I'm too lazy to do the whole thing.  If you're just playing by yourself, without the recording, there's no need to transpose and you can just play it the way I've written it out.

Ubizmo

vithant
Active Newbie

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 08:22:02 pm »

Grin

Thanks I obsession is satisfied. When will C ocarinas in wood or warm stone be available.
My credit card is in hand as we speak

Jim

Spatolo

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 10:31:12 pm »

LOL. Ask Cliff! Write to cliff@mountainocarinas.com .

Ciao

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: