Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
July 14, 2020, 12:17:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hack your ocarina contest!  (Read 14021 times)
FredDooolie

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2010, 09:35:56 pm »

Nailpolish remover would meld polycarbonate

Melt, huh......

Question: How quickly?
Question: How thick is the shell on a MO?
Question: How easily/quickly can the melting be stopped?

The thought of etching comes to mind like the way that glass is etched with acid.
You know, paint a design with solvent, wait a couple seconds and then quickly neutralize and wash it off.

I think I'll let someone else try it first. hehehe

Tough As Nails MO Video Scene#123: Karl drops a MO into a jar full of nail polish remover. "Look! It even resists........D'OH!"

... There is too much sax and violins on TV these days. Whatever happened to ukuleles and ocarinas?
Spatolo

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2010, 09:49:57 am »

First: I used acetone, which is the nail polish remover commonly used everywhere in Italy. Maybe in the U.S. it may be different?

Answers:
Very quickly. A simple passage with a rag wet with the remover made the color goes away AND the ocarina surface become grey and ugly.

The shell is thick enough not to be meld in a second, though, BUT, the surface get meld in instants, and - most important - the surface of the holes too.

I tried to put the item under the water but the melting of the surface was SO quick that I couldn't do anything good with it!

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: