Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
August 24, 2019, 04:27:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Women of Ireland - Can it be played on an ocarina?  (Read 3367 times)
Apostolis
Active Newbie

« on: July 04, 2010, 02:10:56 pm »

Hello

I ordered my C & G polycarbonate ocarinas a few minutes ago and I went on, as you can see, to my first question LOL

Is it possible for an ocarina with the range of the above mentioned ones, to play the Irish tune "Women of Ireland" ( Mna Na H-Eireann in Irish)?

Here is a youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL9IoLRLGP8 Joanie Madden plays the Tin Whistle..

Thanks

Apostolis

ubizmo

I couldn't fail to disagree with you less.

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 03:55:34 pm »

Hi Apostolis, and welcome. Yes, you can play "Women of Ireland" on the MO. I have a video of it, somewhat slavishly copying Joanie Madden's interpretation. I'd post the YouTube link but that's hard to do from my BlackBerry. The main thing is, it can be played!

Ubizmo

Cliff

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 04:04:06 pm »

Here it is:

Hard to find time for music?  Have you got 5 minutes?Join The 5-Minute Musician's Club™
Apostolis
Active Newbie

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 06:35:28 pm »

Wow, Ubizmo, that's wonderful! You just gave me a strong reason to grab the G ocarina right after arriving here and start learning this tune, having your performance as a guide!!!

Thank you Cliff for making this video available, I really appreciate it!

I do believe we have a lot of music stuff to exchange in the future, I'm so happy to have met you guys! :-)

MedicineMan

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 03:22:13 am »

and I'd like to be so bold as to ask if/where the sheet music is to this song..

Start out slow, then slow down.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: