Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
April 04, 2020, 08:28:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kristal Audio Engine  (Read 5357 times)
ubizmo

I couldn't fail to disagree with you less.

« on: August 13, 2010, 05:41:05 pm »

I haven't tried it yet, but this software, http://www.kreatives.org/kristal/, is free and looks interesting.  I use Audacity, but the Audacity people themselves admit that Audacity isn't really a good program for recording sound.  It's intended mainly for editing sound that's already recording.  Of course, you can use it for recording, and I do use it, but it's a resource hog, and consequently can sometimes cause lag problems, if you don't have a lot of computing horsepower.  With Audacity, when I record with a backing track, I always have to "tug" my ocarina track back a tenth of a second or so; otherwise everything sounds late.  It took me a long time by trial and error to figure this out, so I did a lot of recordings that left me wondering if my own sense of timing was that bad.  And in one case, I simply forgot to do it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouk0Gh1NnKI.  It drives me crazy to listen to that one.  Everything is just a little bit too late!

Anyway, I don't know if Kristal is more optimized for recording, but I intend to find out.  I'll post some sort of review when I know more.

Ubizmo

cerescop

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 07:43:07 pm »

I just watched the linked video. It didn't come out that bad. Could be the lag over my laptops  built in receiver; but it sounded good and the fingering looked seemless to the notes. Might have been a little lagtime between the notes and fingering.

PapaRobb
Active Newbie

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 06:44:03 am »

ubizmo. too bad Krystal doesn't work on a Mac.  Cry

Harp Player

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 02:29:56 am »

So how did the Krystal audio engine work out for you ?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: