Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
July 14, 2020, 04:07:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lessons for the MO in key of C  (Read 2227 times)
McManus
Active Newbie

« on: November 25, 2010, 03:28:54 am »

I was "allowed" to purchase my MO after my wife heard the demos on the C MO.
It may be harder to learn, but it's my only choice.
Is there a set of lessons geared to the C MO?
(from a non music reading harmonica player--enjoying my MO.)

JimOfTheCorn

Total music noob

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 03:58:12 pm »

I've been using the MO curriculum with the poly C. In one respect it's actually better suited to the C, in that the notes are actually what they're written as (the whole "transposing instrument"/"concert pitch" thing). The main drawback of course is that the tunes on the CDs are all played on a G, but there's a useful tip somewhere in the forums about using Audacity (free/open-source software available for Win/Mac/Linux) to shift them down in pitch by the appropriate number of tones--use the search function.

I've got most of them already shifted, though they're currently in Ogg Vorbis format (there was a problem with exporting files as mp3's when I'd only pitch-shifted part of the file, i.e. when part of it was Karl speaking...). Karl & Cliff might be willing for me to upload them somewhere... Huh

McManus
Active Newbie

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 07:07:22 pm »

Being technologically incompetent, I promise I won't be manipulating tunes.

McManus
Active Newbie

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 07:11:35 pm »

Yep, going back again through the lesson pages, knowing that I don't read music and will depend on hearing the tune and matching the fingering--I don't think I'll benefit from trying to learn on a C from the G lessons.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: