Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
May 29, 2020, 04:11:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bored! Bored! Bored!  (Read 11678 times)
Yaara

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2011, 10:31:24 pm »

Almost.  Technically I could have turned it in any time today, but you never know when something's going to come up at work or the Internet connection will go down or something.

The weird thing is I was pretty responsible and didn't just leave it all to the last minute, and even so, I was up all night finishing the darn thing.  Homework's like housework, I guess -- it expands to fill all available time.

I'm too old for all-nighters.

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you're a nice person is like expecting a bull not to charge you because you're a vegetarian.
McManus
Active Newbie

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2011, 02:28:37 am »

You're a good girl.  My all nighters in college ordinarily involved alcohol.

MedicineMan

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2011, 11:12:43 am »

and what is wrong with alcohol and fair maidens?

Start out slow, then slow down.
Yaara

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2011, 04:04:45 pm »

I'm still waiting to hear if I passed.  Since I turned it in on the very day it was due, I guess I can't be crabby about the prof taking the full allotted two weeks to grade it.

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you're a nice person is like expecting a bull not to charge you because you're a vegetarian.
McManus
Active Newbie

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2011, 02:43:39 am »

He's checking with professional journals for publishing opportunities for your paper.

Yaara

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2011, 10:55:12 pm »

From your mouth to G-d's ear, dude.

Still no news, btw.  If I don't have a grade by tomorrow I'll send the prof a friendly "Is everything all right?" e-mail.

Yaara

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2011, 12:20:20 am »

Okay, so because this is grad school and there's no such thing as leaving well enough alone, I've been asked to make some changes to two of my four essays and resubmit 'em within two weeks.  Annoying but doable. 

Thanks for listening to my academic rants... I know this is a weird place for them, but I only belong to two online groups... the other one's affiliated with my school, and there's an unwritten rule about not admitting fatigue or uncertainty in front of one's fellow students.  We're all much too confident and successful for that.  Ah, the joys of academia.   Roll Eyes

Classical
Active Newbie

May you receive what is best for you.

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2011, 12:59:58 am »

Rant away.  Get it out.  Take an extra 5 today for the fun of it.

Jan
maki

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2011, 01:14:00 am »

Rant away.  Get it out.  Take an extra 5 today for the fun of it.

That's great advice for any stress situation. Take 5.

Freedom's the answer, what's the question?
http://www.voluntaryist.com/
ubizmo

I couldn't fail to disagree with you less.

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2011, 02:28:59 am »

Just remember that the unwritten rules of grad school are the same as in any other cult--and grad school is a cult!

McManus
Active Newbie

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2011, 03:48:25 am »

If he didn't ask for changes, how would anyone know he read them.  It's a professorial requirement to ask for changes.

Yaara

ABD
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2011, 01:36:48 am »

Hey there!  I passed my comp exam, so now I'm officially a doctoral candidate and ABD ("all but dissertation").  That and $5 will get me a cup of Starbucks, but I'm still happy.  Thanks for listening to me vent while I was writing my essays!

Tomorrow I'm off to Guantanamo for a week -- not the base, the city -- very excited to be seeing something outside Havana, but not looking forward to all the meetings I'll have to go to.  Bringing my MO, of course.  There's probably not going to be any internet access, so... see you April 5 or 6 or so!

Have fun and make lots of music.

Yaara

« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 01:47:10 am by Yaara » Logged

Cliff

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2011, 02:31:50 am »

Congratulations Yaara Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Hard to find time for music?  Have you got 5 minutes?Join The 5-Minute Musician's Club™
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: