Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
November 20, 2019, 02:54:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Mountain Ocarinas be making any, on lower Keys?  (Read 2265 times)
Harper

« on: February 11, 2011, 10:45:58 pm »

I just found this site a few days ago. I have been a Musician mosy of my life ... my main Instrument is the Pennywhistle, and various other kinds of Flutes. I cannot Play the Transverse Flute, because I don't have enough "Air". Also true for the Quena.

I like wooden Flutes [low toned], and do have a couple of different Ocarinas [the "Globular" kind ... different fingering system]. I just bought one of the Mountain [Hardwood] G's, and am waiting for it's arrival.

I haven't completely set myself up on this Forum yet [just signed up], but I will be back later, to make a "profile", & introduce myself. I play a variety of other Instruments, but for now, just one question [there WILL be more!]:

Since I prefer "Low Toned" Flutes, will Mountain Ocarinas be making any, on lower Keys? I like the sweet sound of the ones I have heard on your website.
If I like how they Play, I would want to get some examples in 4-5 Keys, just like I have with my Pennywhistles.

I will be back soon, and would sure like to see some of these Instruments in lower keys

Thsnks - Harper

Cliff

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 02:36:13 pm »

Welcome to the forum Harper.

Eventually (I can't define eventually very well at this point), MO will be offering other keys. This would definitely be higher keys than our present C. At this point, I do not know if it would be lower keys. Because the MO plays chromatics without needing to half-hole, the need for a lot of different keys is somewhat less than for whistles. Also in the works (with the same "eventually" undefined) MO will be bringing a 2 octave ocarina (ProRange) to market.

--Cliff

Hard to find time for music?  Have you got 5 minutes?Join The 5-Minute Musician's Club™
ubizmo

I couldn't fail to disagree with you less.

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 02:32:10 pm »

Welcome to the forum Harper.

Eventually (I can't define eventually very well at this point), MO will be offering other keys. This would definitely be higher keys than our present C. At this point, I do not know if it would be lower keys. Because the MO plays chromatics without needing to half-hole, the need for a lot of different keys is somewhat less than for whistles. Also in the works (with the same "eventually" undefined) MO will be bringing a 2 octave ocarina (ProRange) to market.

--Cliff

I was thinking about this, driving to work today. I think that, despite the fact that the MO is fully chromatic, the limited range means that many/most tunes can only be played in one key (or at least, one key that isn't "sick and twisted"). So, effectively the situation is a bit like the tin whistle. This becomes a concern when playing with other musicians. It's not always feasible to ask them to play in a key that's congenial to the MO.

So, as far as single-chamber MOs are concerned, I'd say there is a use for models in D, F, and Bb, anyway. I realize that it's anything but simple to bring new models to market, and the ProRange should have priority, but in the fullness of time, I think there should be a range of MO singles in popular keys.

Ubizmo

JazzMan_4_Jesus
Active Newbie

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 05:21:54 am »

ProRange sounds AWESOME! I am still freaked out from seeing my first triple ocarina!

aka - Aaron
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: