Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
March 29, 2020, 09:57:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 37571 times)
McManus
Active Newbie

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2011, 01:32:34 am »

Can't talk now-I'm fivin'

Aggie80
Active Newbie

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2011, 05:10:06 am »

Maybe O-5, Ocarina Five, as opposed to Hawaii 5 O. 

Of course, as soon as I see O-5, I think Commander, or Lt. Colonel.

McManus
Active Newbie

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2011, 07:34:20 pm »

0-5 makes me think of a field goal and a safety.

Yaara

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2011, 08:08:30 pm »

Not me, but then again, I don't follow baseball.

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you're a nice person is like expecting a bull not to charge you because you're a vegetarian.
McManus
Active Newbie

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2011, 10:22:13 pm »

Are you playing mind games with me Yaara?  2 point safety; 3 point fieldgoal=American football.

maki

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2011, 02:15:14 pm »

Not me, but then again, I don't follow baseball.

Grin Grin Grin Grin

Freedom's the answer, what's the question?
http://www.voluntaryist.com/
Yaara

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2011, 08:10:00 pm »

Are you playing mind games with me Yaara? 

Yup.   Grin

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you're a nice person is like expecting a bull not to charge you because you're a vegetarian.
McManus
Active Newbie

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2011, 12:51:55 am »

Old--very old--defensive linemen have bad knees, and have been hit in the head too often.

JazzMan_4_Jesus
Active Newbie

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2011, 09:46:40 pm »

So being hit in the head has given you dain brammage McManus?

Oh wait! I think it's just me LOL

aka - Aaron
Bacchus
Active Newbie

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2011, 02:07:41 pm »

You are perfectly right about the "i", Karl Smiley
I didn't think of the internet-relation of the apple products for the letter... the notion i had was more like "I('m using my)Phone" thing, or something like that... and consequently - "I('m playing my great MO for) five" mins, or the association with the "(h)i(gh) five" friendly greeting you gyus have in the States Smiley But still, the bunch from Apple got there first, so just as you said - let them have the "i", we can deal without it! Smiley My suggestion was more of a brainstorming thing (don't tell the others, but i tried to provoke them to give their suggestions Wink ).
Thanks for giving my idea some consideration, this means a lot, really Smiley

P.S. i like the "O5" idea Smiley another version would be the "MO5", like "My 5 mins for MOcarina(mountain ocarina) playing" Wink

« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 02:18:56 pm by Bacchus » Logged

Govern these ventages with your fingers and thumb,
give it breath with your mouth,
and it will discourse most eloquent music.
Look you, these are the stops.

Hamlet by William Shakespeare
Saphire Ocarina
Active Newbie

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2011, 02:45:43 am »

I'm in, I signed up yesterday. This is a good idea, I'm starting college and don't have much time for music on my hands. Five minutes is an easy goal for people who don't have much time but want to learn to play!  Smiley

By the way I think that the information for the drinking straw silencer should be on the page with all of the information about the club or have a link to the information. I find silencer is very helpful when looking for time to play. I can play in the basement after everyone goes to bed if I'm using the silencer. For those who don't know about it look here:  http://www.ocarinaboard.com/bb/index.php?topic=208.0    The actual silencer is seen about 6min and 15sec into the video.

Saphire Ocarina
Karl

Coda Creator & Player

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2011, 10:02:23 pm »

Saphire Ocarina,

Thanks for the helpful suggestion about the silencer video at http://www.ocarinaboard.com/bb/index.php?topic=208.0. We'll be providing a lot of practice resources, and we'll be sure to include that video. Cliff had already begun a great thread on practice resources, but we decided to take it down for now. We didn't want to overwhelm people with too much information right away when they hadn't even started fiving yet.

By the way, for a relatively quick intro on silencers, there is a shorter video at http://www.ocarinaboard.com/bb/index.php?topic=222.0

When I watch it now, I feel a bit embarrassed. I originally made the "Italian version" especially for Spatolo, a friend whose native language is Italian. He mentioned that he was a little overwhelmed by all the English words in my long silencer video, so I decided to make one in Italian. Since I DON'T speak Italian, that left me with only about 3 things I could sort of say. On the positive side, I was forced to get to the point more quickly than I usually do.Cheesy

Yaara

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2011, 11:30:18 pm »

Since I DON'T speak Italian, that left me with only about 3 things I could sort of say. On the positive side, I was forced to get to the point more quickly than I usually do.Cheesy

Dove e il gabbineto?

Il conto, per favore!

And a phrase which is not allowed on this family-friendly site.

Classical
Active Newbie

May you receive what is best for you.

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2011, 01:33:40 am »

I tried the "silencer" but it didn't work.  So today, in the rain,
I went to the park.  I was going to sit under a pavilion but when
I got there it was raining pretty hard so I stayed in my car.
I practiced for 45 minutes when I noticed a man with a HUGE
dog get into the truck parked in the same lot as me.  (There
wasn't anyone else dumb enough to be at the park today.)
I hope I didn't chase them away with my poor playing. I guess
if they could stand it for 45 minutes in the rain then my
playing can't be too bad.   Undecided

Jan
Karl

Coda Creator & Player

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2011, 06:25:40 pm »

Hi Classical,

The silencer isn't for everyone, and certainly it isn't the only way to practice. I only use it on rather rare occasions such as when I am staying in a hotel room or sometimes early in the morning. Did it not work at all, or did you try it and find it wasn't to your liking? If you think I could help you troubleshoot silencer issues over the phone, feel free to call me toll-free at 888-423-5883 (888-4-A-FLUTE).

Best wishes,

Karl

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: