Go to my shopping cart
Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
November 24, 2017, 07:24:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 25879 times)
spacefood
Active Newbie

« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2011, 02:37:12 pm »

@Harp Player - Thanks for the info. I'll print 'em up!

BadGoodDeb
Active Newbie

« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2011, 07:23:09 pm »

I've printed the 5-ing cards, and my poly G and C oc's arrived just this morning!  So I'll be a "stealth" 5-er for a bit.  In other words,  I'm not officially signing up or anything, but I intend to be doing my 5's all the same.  So far it still sounds like a flutaphone, but my sax & basson playing from 35 years ago are kicking in and making for a slightly steadier tone.  Yeah for stop lights, to practice during!

PflugerDen
Active Newbie

« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2012, 01:25:42 pm »

Ordered my G and C polycarbonate ocarinas yesterday and signed up for 5MMC right away.  I love this concept for learning to play!  I guess I'll be "fiving" by reading through these forums while I wait for my ocarinas to arrive.

4efs

« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2012, 03:44:13 pm »

Welcome! Have a great time. There is so much here, it will help- the wait is hard, but usually short!

"The real secret of success is enthusiasm." -Walter Chrysler
Bosse
Active Newbie

« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2012, 01:18:25 pm »

Hello all!

I bought my ocarina pair last fall and just played songs, I mean just playing not practising. Smiley Joined the club a couple of minutes ago as I think the idea is brilliant. I certainly need some disiplin. Going to print the cards now.....

/Bosse

angiessa

« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2012, 03:13:02 pm »

Welcome aboard, Bosse! Smiley

I haven't done the five-minute club yet. The fact that the music I want to play is all too complicated for my newbie fingers, along with the fact that I am stubborn to the core, has kept me reaching for my oc every five minutes as it is, LOL!

Let us know how it goes.

---
Read more about my adventures in music at the Wandering Zebra.
Bosse
Active Newbie

« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2012, 07:02:07 pm »

Thanks! This is exciting I think. Could many short exercise periods be so efficient as said?  I intendent to use the periods focusing on tricky passages.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

angiessa

« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2012, 07:46:20 pm »

Short exercise periods can definitely be efficient, especially when using them for tricky passages. For one thing, you're not struggling with the passage for a half hour, until you get too frustrated to stick with it. And several short bursts of practice throughout the day ensures you're still having fun with it, not turning it into a chore. Wink

---
Read more about my adventures in music at the Wandering Zebra.
Ann Seeton
Active Newbie

« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2012, 05:42:57 pm »

I only just ordered two G ocarinas.  I have no idea how it will work out, but the idea of fiving makes sense.  If the instrument is out, it will get played more than if it is kept in a case-- which right now I have to do with my autoharps.

I need to figure out a place for my instruments, but he music stand it out with music on it.  A tune by Ken Hicks, All the Good People, key of G, arrangement by Cathy Britell. I think I downloaded it from her web page for autoharp.  I haven't begun to learn it yet, but it is set up and waiting.

I plan to practice and let the Little Tiger pick up the other ocarina if interested.  Same as there is an old OS autoharp under the table where the toddler can sit and strum on it, yet it is not where it will be dropped, kicked or stepped on. 

When my older child was learning piano, I would ask for a single run through of her assigned songs.  Short, and easy, and she would go, play the songs through, then play something she liked, then play something else, etc.  It worked well, and I could ask for a run through two or three times in a day.

Ann

Nik Nimrod
Active Newbie

« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2012, 05:57:42 pm »

I'm in too!
I'm a Bass guitar player and I know how long daily sessions of practice can be..
But fiving is really a good method to improve one's ability!

Carry a musical instrument with you all day and have the chance to play music wherever you are is a dream come true for me!

Magdalenazdreem
Active Newbie

« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2012, 06:04:50 am »

I'm Maria Magdalena.  As soon as I find my ocarina, I'M IN!  Thanks to Ann Seeton, for lighting a fire under my toes!

Aprilb

« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2012, 12:01:15 pm »

Hi
My name is April and Im new to ocarinas
Count in me in Cheesy

Darkmatter569
Active Newbie

« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2015, 08:48:14 pm »

Hi, I'm Braiden!

I have limited experience with 12 hole ocarinas, and just got my mountain ocarina not too long ago Smiley. Nice to meet everyone, and I'm in!

DharmAnanda

« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2017, 08:34:04 am »

Hi everyone. My name is Matthew. I've had my ocarina for a little while now, but haven't played it much. I'm hoping that the 5mmc will help me fix that.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: