Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
July 20, 2019, 07:59:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Requests - reply to this post with any request for tunes in the public domain  (Read 40065 times)
Cliff

« on: November 27, 2008, 10:54:17 am »

Reply to this post with any tab requests. I can't promise if I can do them, but at least this will give me an idea of specific songs you would like tabs for.

Please only request songs in the public domain.

Hard to find time for music?  Have you got 5 minutes?Join The 5-Minute Musician's Club™
Spatolo

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 01:03:13 pm »

Today I went to my hill to make some more curriculum practice. I was able to play despite some (rare) people passing! A huge progress. But back to the tab topic.
Getting back I though 'ok I could publish the tabs for the song that I'm studying, "oh come immanuel"'. Then I realized, thinking at the old method that I had to map notes into numbers. So I was about to ask cliff to simplify that allowing the option to insert letters (A, B, etc) instead of numbers.
And now we have ABC support!

Good job.
So I'm going to make my first request and trying to accomplish it myself. I dont'k now how many people would enjoy "oh come immanuel" but I doing this for fun and also for myself, as a test.

Important question! While the mountain ocarina curriculum is copyrighted, I think that the single songs used in it are not. Am I right?

Cliff

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 01:06:00 pm »

Yes. That is correct.

The media itself is copyrighted (you can't just make photocopies and sell or give away without permission), but the melodies themselves are public domain (which is why we chose them... so we don't have licensing costs, etc.). So once you "convert" it from your head into tab, there wouldn't be a problem. Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer, but this is my general understanding.

I need to create a "how to" video soon. But you're a very smart guy Spatolo...

« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 01:10:20 pm by cliff » Logged

Hard to find time for music?  Have you got 5 minutes?Join The 5-Minute Musician's Club™
Spatolo

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 01:16:33 pm »

Beautiful, I translate that as "no, we are not going to sue you if you'll publish the curriculum tunes on the tablatures system! But we can change our mind if you don't make some instructional videos to use it"  Grin

thanks god I can't speak any single word in english.

Cliff

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 01:22:15 pm »

Spatolo, it looks like you understand English perfectly well. So get moving on those instructional videos  Smiley

And for old time's sake:

I struggled to play "old mac donald" on the tin whistle you can't imagine how many times.

We'll get ubizmo to make some nice, jazzy improv tabs of your favorite tune  Grin

« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 01:30:06 pm by cliff » Logged

Spatolo

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 01:55:05 pm »

Darn Cliff.

No, really. If I try to SPEAK english the result is very similar to this: http://eeuauaughhhuauaahh.ytmnd.com/

Karl B

Ocarina Beginner

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 04:37:06 am »

Okay Cliff here are a few songs I'm interested in:

Hymns:
     Be Thou my Vision
         - Old Irish folk song
     This is my Father's World
         -Traditional English melody,  1900's
Christmas:
     God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
     Good King Wenceslas

See what you can do.  Thanks.

Karl B

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."   --Thomas Jefferson
Spatolo

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 08:38:20 am »

Good King Wenceslas

I didn't knew it was a Christmas song.
Here it is:
http://www.ocarinaboard.com/bb/index.php?topic=161

cealac
Active Newbie

everybody love the fluffy guy. lucky me ;D ;D

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 04:31:18 pm »

hi does anyone knows the song of mari o bros. i know that it doesnt have any copyrigths
all the song that you can play on wii music dont have copy rigths problems
so if someone could check those there are some great songs.

Everybody love the fluffy guy. Lucky me Grin Grin
Spatolo

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2008, 08:07:19 pm »

Hello ceolac.

Are you sure there's no copyright issue over wii videogames?
I ask so because I'm frankly very unsure that they released their music under a permissive license or in the public domain.
If you have some source that demonstrates that, I'd gladly help you to search for the scores, but as I stated, I feel that's pretty hard.

Ciao!

Ethan
Active Newbie

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2008, 03:55:28 am »

While browsing for music sheets, I came across the abcmusic.net website. There are heaps of songs for the piano particularly, but it was interesting to see what they have to say about the copyright of materials that they publish.
Cliff, I am not trying to convince you that we should follow the same trend, but it is good to know how others are covering themselves.  Wink
You can read their terms and conditions here: http://www.abcmusic.net/pages/Terms-of-Use.aspx

Cliff

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2008, 09:37:37 am »

Thanks Ethan. I just read their terms of use. Interesting.

Karl B

Ocarina Beginner

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2008, 02:57:50 am »

Since we just saw It's a Wonderful Life last night could someone tab:  Auld Lang Syne.

By the way, It's a Wonderful Life is an absolutely wonderful movie and I recommend it to everyone this Christmas season.

Merry Christmas.

Karl B

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."   --Thomas Jefferson
Secretagentdan

Exodus, movement of jah people!

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2008, 02:59:45 am »

I think it's on here somewhere! I could've sworn I saw it not too long ago, I'll look around! Smiley

« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 04:46:26 am by Secretagentdan » Logged

Peace, Shalom, and Salaam to all here at MO forum!
Karl B

Ocarina Beginner

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2008, 01:21:48 am »

Just in time for the new year: Auld Lang Syne.

Just click here, then select your favorite key and size!!

Auld Lang Syne

Enjoy.  I know I've been practicing this for a few days now.  This has been great for those red lights! Wink

Karl B

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: