Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
July 15, 2020, 11:35:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ocarina get-together?  (Read 3015 times)
Yaara

« on: February 21, 2011, 02:13:03 pm »

Good morning!

So are there conventions or weekend-long parties or other such gatherings where MO enthusiasts get together and hang out?  I'm always interested in new and unusual vacation destinations.  Anything happening this year or next?

Yaara

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you're a nice person is like expecting a bull not to charge you because you're a vegetarian.
MedicineMan

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 04:06:11 am »

Excellent idea...I could use some hands on, eyes on lessons from others in the field.

Start out slow, then slow down.
ubizmo

I couldn't fail to disagree with you less.

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 02:10:46 pm »

Last year, the Tree Man Gathering in Ithaca NY had a lot of MO players, and it was great fun. There were two MO workshops conducted; I did one of them and Kahna Beers did the other. Even though this event is mainly focused on didgeridoo, there was plenty of opportunity to play the ocarina. Our own Ben performed and I did too. Not much has been arranged for this year's TMG yet, but I'm sure we'll hear from clarinetcat, the organizer, in due time. I certainly intend to attend again, and it would be great to use the event as a venue for MO players to meet and greet, and to participate in the world music scene a bit.

Ubizmo

Karl

Coda Creator & Player

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 08:28:58 pm »

I'm going to try to go to the Tree-Man gathering this year, depending on family obligations.

I've thought about some small intimate workshops.  We've moved into a new house (new to us) with a big living room, yard, etc.  It would make a nice site for something, but I live in Connecticut. That leaves out most of the country.

By the way, our back yard borders on a state forest. Frequently we see deer and a handsome red fox wandering through our back yard. Yesterday morning we had a treat. Two beautiful bobcats meandered through our yard. Here's the photo that my wife Susan took through the picture window in our living room.

(Note: I tried to post this photo, but it was too large, so I called Cliff to help me out, as usual. Cheesy While we were speaking, a big coyote trotted through our backyard! With all the snow, it's easy to spot the wildlife.)

« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 09:37:27 pm by Karl » Logged
MedicineMan

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 12:00:26 pm »

Wow! Fantastic photo of the bobcat!!!
I too have several hundred thousand acres of NF in the backyard and have seen one bobcat late
at night crossing the road up here. We have big cats too and I you do as well-seeing them is
a fantasy of mine but I know the odds are small.

Start out slow, then slow down.
Yaara

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 12:38:07 pm »

Gorgeous bobcats!  I'm envious!  My back yard has a neighborhood cat that looks like Hitler and a lot of tarantulas.  (The cat's very sweet... it's not his fault he has unfortunate markings.)

Tree Man Gathering, eh?  Hmm, I wonder if I can talk the bosses into letting me out of my cage for a week.

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you're a nice person is like expecting a bull not to charge you because you're a vegetarian.
maki

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 02:27:37 pm »

Dude, Bob's cat has gotten ahold of some steriods.
Seriuosly, that ain't natural. Wink

Freedom's the answer, what's the question?
http://www.voluntaryist.com/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: