Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
August 24, 2019, 04:25:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Another jig : Sarah's Mandolin  (Read 2316 times)
kypfer

« on: March 06, 2011, 12:04:31 am »

I found this whilst browsing around and transposed it down from it's original "3 sharps" ... it's a nice tune and again it's "full range" for the "C" M.O., low B to high E

The music does appear to be copyrighted, but as it had been made available for public access in it's original key, I didn't see any harm in posting it here if I included the copyright message.

X:1
T:Sarah's Mandolin
R:jig
C:Paul S. Cranford
O:Cape Breton Island
S:http://www.cranfordpub.com
L:1/8
Q:120
M:6/8
K:Edor
|:F|G2 E EDE|B,EG B2 G|FDA FDA|GDB AFD|
G2 E EDE|B,EG BAG|FDA GFD|E3 E2:|
|:B|eBB d2 B|edA B2G|FDA FDA|GBG AFD|
[1eBB d2 B|edA BAG|FDA GFD|E3 E2 :|
[2G2 E EDE|B,EG B2 G|FDA GFD|E3 E2|]

"I'm playing all the right notes—but not necessarily in the right order."
MedicineMan

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 07:08:04 am »

kypfer
Thank you yet again. You are the gift that keeps on giving!
I love jigs-my piping background I suppose-and at my experience level on the MOg I like them in the native range without having to transpose to another key. They might sound better in another key but I might never know!

Start out slow, then slow down.
kypfer

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 08:34:02 am »

You are the gift that keeps on giving!
... thank you, but I don't see it like that. It's just an extension of the folk club / session type scenario where one person shares a new tune with another (or the group), and takes whatever else is being shared in return. Newcomers have litle to give except enthusiasm, but, in time, a few weeks/months/years, it'll be their turn to pass on "the knowledge".

I've collected literally thousands of tunes and arrangements from different sources (my thanks to all who made those available) since I took up woodwind last year. Most of them will never be learnt, but, in passing, if I find a piece that I enjoy, it's but the work of a few seconds to say a virtual "Hey guys, listen to this, you might like it"  Smiley

"I'm playing all the right notes—but not necessarily in the right order."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: