Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
November 30, 2020, 08:03:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dual Recorders  (Read 4015 times)
BillT
Active Newbie

« on: March 25, 2011, 12:48:18 pm »

I recently purchased a Zoom H1 recorder for recording my wife's dulcimer playing. I so realized how good it recorded so I figured that I could use two recorders and align the tracks (using Audacity) to get two independently editable audio tracks. The Zoom 1 is a two track recorder but it merges the tracks. So by using 2 recorders I get two editable tracks. The nice thing about this is that I get a great sound, two recorders, the ability to place my mics almost anywhere for optimal capture and all for a $200.00 total outlay.

I just ordered 2 MO and will be trying out this recording technique with them. Thought I would pass this on and see if anyone else has tried such.

Cheers

Bill

ubizmo

I couldn't fail to disagree with you less.

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 03:44:10 pm »

I can see where this would be very handy for recording an ensemble and preserving the feeling of depth. How well does the Z1 record the sound of the ocarina?

Ubizmo

BillT
Active Newbie

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 05:30:53 pm »

Don't know as my MO have not yet arrived and also I have yet to learn how to play them. But I will be experimenting and will let you know how things are progressing. I do know that the H! does a terrific job on the guitar, penny whistle, and dulcimer. Attached is a sample I made of my son playing on the guitar. Recorded on 2 recorders and merged.

Bill

cameronhirsch
Active Newbie

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 06:30:04 pm »

That sounded great, was he playing some Bon Jovi? I just recently got started on a poly G mountain ocarina and they are fairly easy to get used to. I do have experience with other instruments though.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: