Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
May 29, 2020, 04:00:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kalimba!  (Read 3920 times)
Adriano
Active Newbie

« on: April 01, 2011, 01:05:20 am »

What do you think about Kalimba o.O?
About three months ago I was browsing Internet in a shearch for the perfect instrument.
The one that was "made for me" was the ocarina, of course.
As soon as I payed for my ocarina I still wanted to know, if the ocarina is the best wind instrument... Wich one has the most interesting sound in my hands???
Then I've found kalimba!!!  Shocked
For those who don't know about kalimbas and people who would like to see a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XD02oMHC5E

Credits of the video go to the respective maker.

I think this is a good instrument BUT I'm here to ask people, what non wind instrument do you like?
(sorry... bad english Undecided).

ubizmo

I couldn't fail to disagree with you less.

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 12:20:31 pm »

I think this is a good instrument BUT I'm here to ask people, what non wind instrument do you like?
(sorry... bad english Undecided).

I have an itch to get a melodica. Especially after watching Matsuda in this video, despite how funny he looks playing it!

This guy is also amazing.

My first "convert" to MO was a melodica player whom I met at open mic, and he did some amazing things on the melodica. I never had any keyboard lessons (or any other lessons, for that matter), but when I was growing up I spent every Sunday afternoon playing the piano in my grandparents' basement. Later, in grad school, I lived for three years in an apartment with a piano. I found it very relaxing to play "fake book" style, i.e., just doing chords and arpeggios with my left hand and melodies with my right hand. So I may have just enough familiarity with keyboard playing to manage a melodica. Maybe.

Ubizmo

Adriano
Active Newbie

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 07:15:50 pm »

Wow!! Yeah the Melodica!
I'ts been a long time since I listen to one Cheesy
They sound is so good and so lively!
Man I wanted one of those too but I think I'm not that good to play xD

MedicineMan

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 06:39:05 am »

the melodica looks cool but i'm stuck in my 'cage' and cant watch youtubes to get an idea of what it sounds like...i went through several on vimeo (not blocked here) and didn't find anything I liked Sad
Still I can see adding one to the house collection to goof around on---with my stalwart beliefe that music is therapy no matter if you're good or not.
Now on the kalinbas, I've got a Hugh Tracey Chromatic and this is a beautiful instrument with incredible range/potential. The kalimba is also a house instrument in that it cannot go with me. Every since becoming a Mocarinist I've not been without one on my person and this without fear of wet, snow, ice, sand, etc. Like last week paddle camping in Cape Canaveral Nat. Seashore the Moc was always around my neck.
So many instruments, and time as we all know most precious.

Start out slow, then slow down.
Fingtam
Active Newbie

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 11:35:52 pm »

I purchased a Kalimba a few months ago.
Here is a video I made of myself playing the first song I learned on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e86kt1fliI
I'm now working on learning 'Sweet Child of Mine' by Guns n' Roses.
I really enjoy it. It's easy to play, especially making chords. It's worth the money if you're into music.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 05:56:00 am by Fingtam » Logged
Fingtam
Active Newbie

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 02:44:18 am »

In case you're curious, I made a video for my version of Sweet Child o' mine.  It's a little rough, but I like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27i7uYlxGCU

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: