Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
June 03, 2020, 03:03:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: A Harmonica players beginnings with the MO  (Read 42923 times)
robehickman
Active Newbie

« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2011, 07:32:24 pm »

I made my first Video recording.   It is just a quickie with Windows Movie maker live and a cheap set of Logitech headphones.  You can view it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riaZPyzycSw

I am stillhave a lot to learn and it's not perfect, but I wanted to share with the group.

Sounds pretty good besides the clipping, you could try turning your mic level down.

cerescop

« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2011, 09:33:58 pm »

Sounds good, playing with ur sound level might have helped. Mine too. I had my volume all the way up and about blew my eardrums out when u started. For some reason what I hear isnt what the mic picks up. Strange isn't it.  Keep at it. Good looking Warmstone C.

Harp Player

« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2011, 10:07:54 pm »

Those are very good and true comments.  I will dig around the program and see if I can edit the sound level some.  Windows movie maker is a very crude tool for making recordings and even more so for editing them after you record.

ubizmo

I couldn't fail to disagree with you less.

« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2011, 04:16:00 pm »

Well done! It's not so easy to put yourself out there the first time.

BigBrainiac
Active Newbie

« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2011, 02:32:32 am »

You're doing really well  Grin
I agree with the fact that mic volume is a little high though.
Congrats on doing what I have yet the guts to do!

Harp Player

« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2011, 05:19:51 am »

Thanks guys, I am working on a couple of other songs, I hope to post something else in a few days, but I need a little time to play with the sound settings a bit more first.  I am also wanting to get a boom stand so I can use my Sure SM58 instead of that cheap headset mic.

LeakyDuck

« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2011, 02:26:10 pm »

Well done ! !

Harp Player

« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2011, 04:41:05 am »

It has been a while since I posted a progress type of thing so here goes.  I am working some on lesson 13, but struggling with reading the rhythm of most of the songs so I am not doing very well with that.   

I have been playing with the Christmas  song book that I bought and making some progress, but I have been mostly playing songs from some of my hymn books.  I did transpose a song from Eb to D Saturday (by ear) with the plan of playing it at church Sunday as part of the program. Unfortunately they decided not to do that one at the last second  so I still haven't played my MO at church.  Maybe I will manage to do that soon.

4efs

« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2011, 05:17:37 pm »

Well, it's been over a month, where's the new video? Cheesy

Hey,  how did you manage to get the link for mountain ocarinas to come out on the info on Youtube? I typed it in on my youtube vids but it's not coming out as a link? Help?

"The real secret of success is enthusiasm." -Walter Chrysler
Harp Player

« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2011, 05:42:05 am »

My wife has some health problems so I just don't have time to get out as much as I would like.  I am wanting to get a boom stand so I can use a real microphone in my recordings instead of that low quality headset ( I am also a sound guy so I am a bit picky about quality).  As for the link I think I just typed it in.  I don't remember for sure. 

4efs

« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2011, 05:20:37 pm »

Sorry to hear your wife is unwell.
I was just funnin'.
Well, I typed it in too must just be my silly computer, or the loose nut behind the keyboard. Sigh.   
I want to find the thing that makes soft reverb. I downloaded audacity but can't figure out that reverb thing at all! It's crazy! I'm spending way to much time messing around with this stuff!

"The real secret of success is enthusiasm." -Walter Chrysler
Harp Player

« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2011, 06:01:49 am »

Well I got the Boom stand, now I just need to find the time to play with the settings position etc to get a good recording. 

I am still putting the lessons on hold and working on the Christmas book and a couple of the hymnals I have.  I do plan on getting back to the lessons some day, maybe after Christmas.

Harp Player

« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2011, 03:02:39 am »

I haven't wrote anything on here in a while so I thought I would give a quick update.  I am still working on the Christmas Song Book.  I have some that are starting to sound pretty good now, so hopefully I will have some of them ready in time.

I tried out the tuner link that is posted on another place in the forums.  It let me know that I still have a way to go before I am going to be ready to play with other people.  I still haven't tried recording with the boom stand and better mic.  It seems like their are always other things that need to happen first.

bakfot

Long ago I was a serious young man

« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2011, 07:41:06 am »

I tried out the tuner link that is posted on another place in the forums.  It let me know that I still have a way to go before I am going to be ready to play with other people. 

I think what it tells you is that you have way to go before playing with tuners. People are a different matter  Wink

Harp Player

« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2011, 04:12:38 pm »

I tried playing with a keyboard a few weeks ago I was way sharp.  It takes more breath pressure to play my Harmonicas than the MO so I guess I am still playing the MO with too much pressure because of that.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  

Jump to: