Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
April 07, 2020, 08:01:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just started  (Read 4730 times)
Harp Player

« on: June 02, 2011, 06:32:20 am »

I started my fiveing on June 1 with 8 tally marks.  I have only had my MO for a week now and I didn't want to start a card that would be mostly empty when I was done for the month so, now I have a new card that I am planning of filling up.  Thanks for such a great ideal Karl. I wish I had started doing that years ago with my harmonica I am sure I would be much better on them than I am now.

cheshire-dragon
Active Newbie

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 08:49:25 pm »

I've just started myself. This is a great idea. I'm sure that fiving will help me in learning my MO. It was set on a back burner for a long time. But with this way of practicing, I'm sure I really start to love this insturment.

Harp Player

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 10:08:07 pm »

The only problem I have been having with fiving is it quickly turns int 45ing.  Cheesy  I have to make myself put it down when I pick them up. I guess that is a good thing because I am making very good progress now.

malcido
Active Newbie

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 08:56:42 pm »

My MOs and Learning to Play curriculum came in the mail today! I've joined the 5mmc and am ready to go!

Harp Player

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 05:52:07 am »

Welcome  aboard Malcido,

I think that you will like the MO it is a great little instrument that is pretty easy to play. I do hope you got the learning to play the MO book as well. I it is well put together and gives you a systematic approach to learning to play the MO and to reading music.

malcido
Active Newbie

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 12:15:37 am »

Welcome  aboard Malcido,

I think that you will like the MO it is a great little instrument that is pretty easy to play. I do hope you got the learning to play the MO book as well. I it is well put together and gives you a systematic approach to learning to play the MO and to reading music.

Yes, I did order the curriculum. Last night I went through the preliminary lesson and today on my lunch break I went through lesson one.

I love the idea of committing to only 5 minutes of practice at a time and so far it is working for me. My son, who plays the clarinet and guitar, listened to me last night with my one song and then again this morning and said that he noticed that I'm getting the hang of it!

Ryang

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2011, 03:29:31 am »

Welcome to the club.  It is indeed a great idea and has really helped me to practice every day.  I've been at it just over a month now and am really seeing some improvements.

Ryan

Solus Christus! Soli Deo Gloria!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: