Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
October 01, 2020, 02:51:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: can someone make a tab for ballad of the windfish  (Read 11309 times)
Keno ikioi
Active Newbie

« on: September 16, 2010, 02:02:07 am »

can someone make a tab for ballad of the windfish (links awakening)

Treilah2
Active Newbie

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 08:08:37 pm »

Done. Some things to keep in mind while playing this song.

1. The highest parts of the song are out of the range of the Ocarina so I went lower. Hope you don't mind.

2. The lowest parts of the song are also JUST out of range, but if you blow a bit softer you can JUST hit them.

3. I made this playing by ear and going through it note by note so it may not sound perfect, but I'm satisfied with the end result [it sounds VERY similar] and I hope you will be too. With that said...

Please let me know what you think of it. And thank you for the challenge!

Spatolo

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 11:32:29 am »

Wow, this made me curious. What youtube video (or any other media online) for that ballad would you suggest me, to discover the tune? Thanks!

yannes
Active Newbie

A person who never made a mistake never tried anyt

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 12:32:05 pm »

I was wondering about that as well, I've seen at least 5 different versions of that song on youtube, and I don't know which is the original ;p

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.
Llisas

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 04:16:47 am »

Nothing better than watching docjazz playing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnTnhmwwUYs

The tab is very accurate, I liked it, and now is one of my favourite songs to play in front of the sea Tongue

On a streaming some days ago David told that The ballad of the windfish was his favourite song to play on ocarina, so I had to check it out on his videos, and then almost inmediatly I saw this thread and fall in love with the song.

One of these days I'll probably record my own version, although I may struggle some time making a proper guitar backing track.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 04:57:24 am by Llisas » Logged
Nephiel

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 06:37:13 pm »

Hah, this is funny. I learnt this song a few days ago, playing along to the docjazz video. Save for the improv part, if you have both a G and a C MOs, it can be played in tune to the video. There's time to switch ocarinas.

I made a tab (my first tab ever, yay) using the Ocarina-C TrueType font. The notes are wrong for the G part, but the fingering is where it's at. That C# on the 5th line is IMHO easier to play using the extra tonehole on the G MO (cover all toneholes except the right pinky).

Keno ikioi
Active Newbie

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 04:24:00 am »

awesome thanks for the tabs

Azriel

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 12:40:52 am »

Necro post, can somebody retab it from Mountain into 12hole C?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: