Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
September 16, 2019, 02:25:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Wafaring Stranger  (Read 3773 times)
LeakyDuck

« on: July 31, 2011, 05:59:51 am »

X:1
T: Wayfaring Stranger, The
M: 4/4
L: 1/8
R: reel
K: Emin
"Em"z2E2E2B2|B8-|B2G2A2G2-|GE-EE-E4|
z3EE2B2|"Am"z2A6-|A2E-E(3G2A2B2|"Em"B8|
zEE3EB2|"Em"z2B6-|B2G2A2G2|ED2E-E4|
z2E2EB2A-|"C"A8-|"D"A2G2-GE2D-|"Em"DE2-E4E|
z2B2B2d2|"C"z2e6-|e2e2d2B2|"G"BAGG-G4|
z2G2G2B2|"C"B8-|B2G2(3G2A2B2-|"B7"B2BAB4|
z2E2E2B2|"Em"z2B6-|B2G2A2G2-|GE-EE-E4|
z2E2EB2A-|"C"A8-|"D"A2G2-GE2D-|"Em"DE2-E4E:|

Thought I would share this song for beginners. Nicely within the range of a MO. To use it do a copy starting with the X: 1 line to the very end and then paste into your ABC program. You then will have as nice piece of music as if you had gone to the store and bought it.

Harp Player

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 06:29:34 am »

I love that song on the harmonica.  Too bad I don't know what an ABC program is.

Harp Player

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 06:45:04 am »

I did a quick search and found this online tool. (you gotta love google)  It will give you either a midi file, a PDF file or a sgv file.  I am not sure exactly what that last one is supposed to be.  I will also transpose and give tab for several instruments.

http://www.folkinfo.org/songs/abcconvert.php

LeakyDuck

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 03:09:37 pm »

ABC music is a way of taking that text file I posted and converting it into sheet music. A good place to start is www.abcnotation.com

I love that site. He has every thing you need to get started. You can get the software programs you need, lots of music to play.

I am an unashamed Mac user and have been using Barfly for years. Not the lest of which is that it will play the music for you. You can choose from several instruments and you can control the speed that it plays back.

My friend and I are starting on learning Christmas music. She already knows a lot of music but with my new found skills, thanks to the "Learning To Play" from Karl and Cliff, I'm reaching the point where she can play with me. 

« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 08:04:01 pm by LeakyDuck » Logged
LeakyDuck

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 03:21:41 pm »

I did a quick search and found this online tool. (you gotta love google)  It will give you either a midi file, a PDF file or a sgv file.  I am not sure exactly what that last one is supposed to be.  I will also transpose and give tab for several instruments.

http://www.folkinfo.org/songs/abcconvert.php

Gotta love the Internet. Checked out the link you shared and it is now booked marked. Love the fact that it will transpose. Makes it easier for all of us to fit songs into the range of our MO's.

Harp Player

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 05:35:31 pm »

ABC music is a way of taking that text file I posted and converting it into sheet music. A good place to start is www.an notation.com[\quote]

I tried clicking on that link and it didn't work.  I also tired a couple of variations on the spelling and didn't have any luck pulling up a site. Would you re-post the link please?

LeakyDuck

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 08:06:24 pm »

ABC music is a way of taking that text file I posted and converting it into sheet music. A good place to start is www.an notation.com[\quote]

I tried clicking on that link and it didn't work.  I also tired a couple of variations on the spelling and didn't have any luck pulling up a site. Would you re-post the link please?

To error is human, to really mess things up you need a computer. I corrected the link and now it goes where it is supposed to.

Harp Player

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 09:43:29 pm »

Thanks the new link worked great.  I will definitely bookmark it for later on. I am sure that it will be very helpful once I finish the learning to play book.  I will also be wanting to learn to play G as a non transposing instrument later on as well.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: