Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
June 07, 2020, 06:53:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: mis covering tone holes when going from high note to low c  (Read 3884 times)
robehickman
Active Newbie

« on: August 28, 2011, 10:13:47 pm »

whenever I go from a high note down to the low c, i often find my pinky slightly misses the hole and produces an unplesent tone, any tips to avoid doing this? Eargonomically it would be easier if that hole were somewhat further over...

Harp Player

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 12:33:14 am »

I suggest you practice the long note drills.  Basically you work your way all the way up and down the range of the MO and try to hold each note steady for 4 beats.  That will help to develop muscle memory and help your tone a well.  It is a pretty standard drill for any wind instrument.

ubizmo

I couldn't fail to disagree with you less.

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 12:47:26 pm »

Also, check the angle of your fingers, relative to the long axis of the ocarina. The fingers of your hand should be pointed just about straight at each other, perpendicular to the axis. If they are angled, pointing away from your body, your little fingers are likely to miss their targets.

robehickman
Active Newbie

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 09:59:58 am »

Thanks for the tips, think it's a mixture of finger angle and straightening my fingers out too much. None of the other notes cause this problem.

Danny
Active Newbie

Ta-da

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 12:58:10 am »

I just kept doing scales and i got it eventually

Playing the black nag is fun!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: