Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
April 04, 2020, 09:03:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Software for video recording with webcam  (Read 4938 times)
Harp Player

« on: September 06, 2011, 06:11:37 am »

I made a Video recording with of me playing the MO using the built in webcam and a cheap headset.  I was not very pleased with the audio because it was way too loud so it had a lot of clipping in it.  I haven't been able to find a way to adjust the microphone volume in win 7 like you could in XP, and Windows Movie maker Live don't have that setting.  Does anyone know of some software that I can get that A: don't cost a fortune and B: isn't loaded with spy ware?

I don't need a full featured professional program just a way to adjust the input level of the Microphone.

robehickman
Active Newbie

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 06:59:31 am »

If you can live with just audio, audacity is a good free audio recording program.

Found this page on adjusting the mic volume in win 7: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935309

bakfot

Long ago I was a serious young man

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 07:25:13 am »

I got this control on my Win 7. If I click the top speaker icon I get a dialog bow where I can set the microphone input, among other things. Don't know if it is standard, though.

cerescop

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 01:43:51 pm »

in win7 go to start (click) control panel (click) hardware and sound (click) look down list to sound and across to "manage audio decvices" (click)  Click on your microphone to select it. then click on the properties button at bottom right side of the box. a new box will open then up at the top select the levels button and the there should be a slide bar to adjust the input volume of the mic. This is all after you have connected the mic and it has been recognized by the computer. you can also disable the mic in the laptop here so you dont have dual inputs that could  conflict.

Harp Player

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 05:02:02 pm »

Thanks guys, I found the controls  I don't know why they had to hide it in Win 7 it is an easy utility to access in XP.

DaveBj
Active Newbie

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 12:14:43 am »

In Vista it's Control Panel -> Sound -> Recording -> Stereo Mix -> Levels, and there's a volume slider there.  There's also a button that gives access to left-right balance sliders.

DaveBj

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: