Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
July 16, 2020, 12:05:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Beginner's Short List  (Read 2238 times)
DaveBj
Active Newbie

« on: October 09, 2011, 09:59:05 pm »

Here's my short list of tunes to practice up and record:

"Ave Maria," both Bach-Gounod and Schubert.  They've both been done, but I want to do them myself.

"O Waly Waly," a Scots-English folk tune that I associate most with "When I Survey the Wondrous Cross."  This one doesn't show up on Youtube on oc, but it does on whistle.  I have to score (double meaning there) an accompaniment, tho.  The arrangement I'm thinking of, I would have to switch from the C to the G for a key change.

"My Jesus, I Love Thee" -- I have an pre-recorded accompaniment that I use to play this as a euphonium solo, but I'm scared to try it with the oc.  It starts in F, but then there's a half-step modulation to F#.  I'll probably wind up doing an accompaniment in piano, bass, and guitar.

"Hyfrydol," a Welsh tune that is associated with several different hymn poems.  I couldn't get a hit on Youtube under any of the various titles.  Accompaniment -- no idea yet.

"Harvest Hymn," a Celtic-flavored original.  I have a string quintet arrangement that will work as an accompaniment (just the right key), if I mute the solo violin part.

"Caoineadh Na Maighdine (The Maiden's Lament)" another Celtic-flavored original.  I have a wind quintet arrangement that's in good keys (Dm -> Em), but I haven't tried it yet.

This is all religious-oriented music, but for the time beeing, I'm sticking with what I know.  I'm still pretty clueless about how I'm going to record.  What I have is a good little mixer, a vocals microphone, and a Nicon Coolpix camera that will take video in .wmv format, but no way to get the audio directly into the camera, at least not that I'm aware of.  Suggestions appreciated.

DaveBj

Harp Player

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 11:38:07 pm »

You can record the audio on your computer (at the same time) and sync it up.  You can use windows movie maker to combine the tracks.  It is a pain to sync stuff like that but it can be done and it don't have to be perfect.   Their are also a number of tools available for that sort  of thing that are freeware. http://www.videohelp.com/  is a good source of tools and information on how to use them.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: