Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
March 29, 2020, 10:23:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally Consistency!!!  (Read 4210 times)
tplumbarber
Active Newbie

« on: September 29, 2011, 11:50:48 pm »

Alright I got my Mo G a month ago today and I joined the 5mmc three days later. I carry my card in with my business cards, (don't even know its there) and its amazing how quickly playing has become a routine. I love to look at my card at the end of a week and be like, wow 14 hours! I haven't figured out what I did with all this extra time previously. This is the first time I have really ever stuck with a hobby and still been just as enthused a month later. I thought about cheating on my Mo (only for a minute), but I guess I'll just dedicate myself to it wholly!

cerescop

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 07:02:20 pm »

Naw, leave time to eat and get some rest. I am going back to the self learning program and see if I can stick with it. I got side tracked picking out notes and tunes. I dropped out. Time to get back to work. Enuff funnn.

Harp Player

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 07:45:30 pm »

I will admit I have gotten away from the self learning program ( I started on lesson 13) now that I can read enough to play songs from my hymn books I have.  I also got the Christmas book and have been working on is some as well.  I say keep having fun with it, you will learn more that way than by making it work for you.

DaveBj
Active Newbie

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 10:34:41 pm »

I'm security chief at a small factory here in town.  I used to be in the front guard shack for the day shift, all by myself, plenty of time to do whatever.  However, back in July they moved me in to the front desk, where the people are.  Can't do much of anything, especially that involves making sounds.  Wish they'd move me back to the guard shack. . .

DaveBj

cerescop

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 12:50:40 am »

Yeah,  nice open out in the middle of nowhere  guard shack. With skads of time to do nothing but play. And, they pay u for it, yeah a guard shack sounds nice. I would like the one at the back that only one person a day uses. But I would have to take a cut in pay. I once tried to get a job with Gallo Winery in Modesto California as a guard. They actually offered me the position. I had to turn them down. I couldn't work for 19,000 a year. I still had kids in school and a house payment. So I went to trucking. Now I have tons of time to pick out tunes and play all I want and when I work its like a video game with real cars. lol . Keep up the good work when you can. I just worked out a version of Rock Around the Clock. Sounds OK on the ocarina. One sharp but thats OK too.

cerescop

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 01:01:28 am »

What I really like about the ocarina is that you can actually see and hear progress. You are rewarded immediately for success with a song that sounds correct with no wrong notes. You also get immediate feedback for wrong notes. Just sounds wrong. So every practice session is not only enjoyable but self correcting. Fiving is a great way to self motivate. As long as you keep practicing you improve. So just to keep practicing is to self motivate improvement.  This is so much fun....wait a minute I thought Yarra had decided on a blue aluminum ocarina. I just read she got a red one. Musta changed her mind. Maybe it was the wierd hat that did it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: