Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
July 16, 2020, 01:02:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: More books?  (Read 4179 times)
Dan Hazy

« on: October 21, 2011, 07:49:10 pm »

Maybe you guys could make more mountain ocarina song books such as maybe one with traditional american songs or maybe one with songs that come on the radio(if you could get the copyrights). I would definently purchase either one of these as I'm sure many others would.

Dan Hazy
LeakyDuck

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 12:26:44 am »

The books that Karl has published are a great resource, but the world is your oyster. find a book with songs that you want, learn to use ABC and you can transpose any song to a range for an MO.

Harp Player

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 04:13:04 am »

Once you learn to read music you can play songs from most any sheet music.  Their are also tons of songs on the internet in abc notation.  (Search the forum for links)

Dunetraveller
Active Newbie

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 06:48:37 am »

I know what you're saying. If a song is included in a book, the work of determining if the song will fit the range of the instrument has been done or the song has already been "modified to fit" so to speak. Even if it isn't tabbed, you can be sure of being able to play it.

It's a fast paced world, much more than when I was young, and it's nice to have something in your hands that makes things easy peasy, like song books. Open and play. This is why fake books are so popular for piano players, and bar tending guides are ubiquitous. We like to have everything at our fingertips — in a single source if at all possible.

I have a cookbook of collected recipes sent into a newspaper from the early early 1900's. I am sure there are enough coded songs, on this website alone, to make up a small tome. I guess someone very enterprising could collect and publish it... but of course at that point copywrite protection enters the scene like Darth Vader boarding a ship.... although someday it'll happen I'm sure.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 06:50:18 am by Dunetraveller » Logged
4efs

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 06:59:14 am »

Try the puplic library, I've found both an easy solos for sax and a violin beatles book that worked well and also  easy piano books. They're great for practicing your sight reading.

Just look along the top and bottom lines of the staff the notes go above F or below B try another, easy peasy!

(Or if your reading in the G's actual range High B, and low F)-
The Ocarina Network also has scads of tunes-sheet and tabs.

Then later when you've more experience if the notes don't fit into the MO range but you really want to play the song you can start either trying in different keys or just moving the "offending" notes.

"The real secret of success is enthusiasm." -Walter Chrysler
Dan Hazy

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 07:26:00 pm »

For some strange reason I forgot the library had songbooks. Undecided I used to go there and get guitar tab books all the time. Thanks 4efs, that will be excellent practice for my sight reading. Cheesy

Dan Hazy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: