Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
July 10, 2020, 07:31:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Your favorite?  (Read 5788 times)
4efs

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2011, 04:38:30 am »

I'll have to give those a go!
I really like that a bunch of songs from the King and I fit in, Sound of Music has several that work pretty good too. Show Boat so far just a few, as far as I can figure Ol Man River and Bill are a no go Sad

BTW-I haven't "learned" all these songs. I checked out several song books from my library to practice sight reading.

I think the one I'm going to really like is, This Nearly Was Mine from South Pacific.  I've tried it by ear on my G

but I'm thinking it'll be cool on the C.  Ooh, the antici....pation...

"The real secret of success is enthusiasm." -Walter Chrysler
Calculus

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2011, 10:34:41 pm »

Surprisingly I now like my g better than my c. I've gotten used to the higher pitches, mostly because I'm playing them better now. : )  I probably won't upgrade from poly any time soon, because I just love knowing it would pretty much take a jackhammer to damage it. I take it pretty much everywhere so that's reassuring. However, the warmstones look and sound pretty nice...

Scott Maness

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2011, 08:01:06 pm »

it would pretty much take a jackhammer to damage it.

The warmstone Ocarinas feel very sturdy as well.

I've gotten used to the higher pitches

I find that the G or C each sound better in certain surroundings.  It is interesting how the reverb in the room can affect the overall sound.  There have been some situations where the G may sound thin, but the C will sound fine.  And at other places the G sounded better and fuller.

Dan Hazy

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2011, 08:05:10 pm »

To me, it matters what song I'm playing, determining which one I play.

Dan Hazy
whistle go
Active Newbie

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2012, 11:23:58 pm »

I have only the Poly-C and I am very pleased with that choice!!!!!!  I would love to try another C in wood!!!

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: