Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
April 04, 2020, 04:46:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mini concert infront of Wal-Mart  (Read 4504 times)
Scott Maness

« on: November 27, 2011, 11:16:30 pm »

I was going into Wal-Mart the other day with my wife and we noticed a Salvation Army Bell ringer singing Christmas carols.  When we came out an hour later he was still singing.  We went over to put in some money and visit with him for a moment.  He said that He will sing Christmas carols the whole time that he is out there, sometimes for 12 hours in a day.  I pulled out my Poly  C and accompanied him on "The first Noel".  We drew a nice little crowd who donated.  It was a lot of fun and brightened several peoples day including mine .

Harp Player

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 02:43:44 am »

I have been telling myself I am going to do that with my Harmonica for many years, but I still haven't done it.   Maybe one of theses years.

4efs

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 04:37:47 am »

Think "Nike"- HarpPlayer,  come-on! Jump in!
It'll be easier ever after!

Sound's great Smaness and fun! I don't know enough songs yet. Ugh.
By next year though....

"The real secret of success is enthusiasm." -Walter Chrysler
Scott Maness

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 03:46:53 am »

I don't know enough songs yet.

You are doing great!   I really liked the 4 songs that you posted with the scenery pictures.

cerescop

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 05:07:34 am »

Great story, thanks for sharing and getting the donations, the Salvation Army does some good work.

Dan Hazy

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 09:30:42 pm »

My dad has been wanting me to go to a festival with him and play christmas songs on my mouintain ocarina. I guess he thinks I'm good enough to play in public. Smiley

Btw, these ocarinas really carry thier sound a long ways. My mom said she could hear me playing it when I was in a brick house and she was about half a mile from our house. Shocked

Dan Hazy
cerescop

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 02:12:48 am »

I play in my truck with the windows up and wake people up around me in other trucks, with their windows up and their engines on. I was playing in the foyer at the back of our main terminal. They could hear me playing around 3 corners and two closed doors down in the safety dept. They thought it was a native american flute though. They looked puzzled when they saw the little black plastic box all that noise was coming out of.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: