Go to my shopping cart
Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
May 25, 2018, 10:50:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Where's everybody from.  (Read 18580 times)
Dan Hazy

« on: December 08, 2011, 06:42:36 am »

I'm from Louisiana US. It is always over a 100 degrees down here except for about 3 months of the year . During those three months it hardly gets below 32 degrees. There's lots of ponds, swamps, fields, and cow pastures here.

Btw, does Mouintain Ocarinas sell outside the US?

Dan Hazy
bakfot

Long ago I was a serious young man

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 08:07:32 am »

Hi, I'm from a town called Östersund, Sweden. That's why I write when you guys are asleep, we are six hours ahead of New York and nine hours ahead of California. We're on the 63:d parallell, almost the same as Fairbanks, Alaska. Temperatures never reach 100F here, but can drop down to negative forty in midwinter. Usually it's not that cold, so we have good skiing conditions for several months every year. This year winter has been unusually late, so we've only had snow for a week or so, but now it will probably stay through april.

And yes, we can order Mountain Ocarinas from here, though shipping costs a bit.

HawkeyeMcFly

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 08:53:29 am »

Hi, I'm from Bremen in Germany. The time delay bakfot mentioned can be applied to me, too Cheesy
We're 53' north (like Calgary or Fort Rupert), and I'm really glad that more than 90'F are seldomly reached. My best "working temperature" Wink is about 68'F (Sorry if the numbers might be unusual for you, we use C here and I translate all numbers to F)
Today it is still 40'F, not unusual for december, white christmas is quite seldom, although it happens. Old joke here: winter in bremen is like the summer, the rain is just a bit colder  Grin If it is really cold, e.g. in february, we might reach 15'F

I got my ocarinas just a week ago, and the shipping did really hurt Cry I ordered the bundle so shipping became less than the actual value. I thought about the purchase for several weeks as I will not send it back, the refund will be totally consumed by the shipping back.

### Always remember the wise words of One-Arm McGinty: Never ever throw water balloons at people carrying chainsaws ###
Cliff

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 02:44:26 pm »

There is a similar post: http://www.ocarinaboard.com/bb/index.php?topic=308.0

where some people have put markers on a google map:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=103358313688425939915.00045e538f286620e4fdd

of where they live and taken their ocarinas...

Hard to find time for music?  Have you got 5 minutes?Join The 5-Minute Musician's Club™
bakfot

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 12:48:09 pm »

Yeah, but anything worth doing is worth overdoing, that's what Lazarus Long said  Wink

HawkeyeMcFly

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 01:52:24 pm »

...and in fact it is said there
Quote from: Cliff
Where has your MO been?
and not "where are you from?"

Oh, I do like to split hairs Grin
And now I'm quiet before I'm banned for insulting St.Cliff  Grin

@bakfot: Heinlein fan, too?

« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 10:13:08 am by HawkeyeMcFly » Logged

### Always remember the wise words of One-Arm McGinty: Never ever throw water balloons at people carrying chainsaws ###
Cliff

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 02:42:38 pm »

similar
Hmmmm.... I'll give a shot at splitting hairs   Shocked

Hard to find time for music?  Have you got 5 minutes?Join The 5-Minute Musician's Club™
jiminos

humming to myself

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2011, 04:10:48 pm »

as a result of all the hair splitting going on around here.....

.... there is now an overabundance of skinny hairs running around!

be well,

jim

Be in this moment.
That which is cannot be found. It is not lost.
It can only be accepted or rejected.
Truth is.
HawkeyeMcFly

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2011, 08:34:15 pm »

to boldly go, where no bald man has gone before Grin
or
to go bald where no man has gone bald before Shocked
Jehova, Jehova  Grin

Dan Hazy

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2011, 12:48:44 am »

Wow bakfot,- 40 degrees. I would die up there,lol.  I can't stand the cold.

Dan Hazy
Harp Player

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2011, 06:04:14 am »

I near Chattanooga Tennessee.   As for the temperature range (that seems to be one of the themes here) our normal ranges is from low 20'sF to upper 90's F but I have seen it over 100 several years and I have memories of lows below 0 but sub zero is very rare.   The low temps are normally only a few degrees below freezing to  low 40's in the winter.

Twist

"Ars celare verum"

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2011, 08:51:56 am »

I live in Hettenhausen Germany. We are still waiting for winter to arrive. It has been raining and cold for the last week or so. No snow yet but I am afraid when it does get here it will arrive by the truckload.

Dale

Twist
"Ars celare verum"
Calculus

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2011, 12:43:22 am »

I'm from Phoenix AZ. Right now, we are in the "not summer" season. Low temperature is close to freezing, and is freezing near us, but they don't call us the valley of the sun for nothing. After a situation one summer, where planes were grounded due to lack of technical information for flight in 122 F heat, they had to update that information. We also get monsoons which bring huge amounts of thunderstorm rain in the summers. It's a lot of fun to be in a place that's 100 F with no power (and therefore no AC). Other than the excessive heat and monsoons, It's pretty dang nice out here, being sunny almost all year long.

bakfot

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2011, 10:03:13 am »

Wow bakfot,- 40 degrees. I would die up there,lol.  I can't stand the cold.

Those temperatures are quite rare. Today, for example, we have a pleasant 20F which is much more common. We've had at least a foot of snow over the last few days so a white christmas is a safe bet! I'd better practice my christmas songs tonight.

Btw, tomorrow, the 13:th of december, we celebrate a festival that only us Swedes have. Formally it is a celebration of the Italian saint Santa Lucia. That in itself is a bit odd since the Church of Sweden is protestant and doesn't admit any saints. Also the form of celebration is a bit particular: a string of youngsters dressed in wite robes and carrying candels sing chrismats songs:

DaveBj
Active Newbie

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2011, 01:05:15 pm »

I live in north-central Alabama where it's in the 90s F almost every day in the summer.  Normal winter lows are in the 20s-30s, altho it can get down into the teens.  We have snow-fall every winter, but snow-stick is pretty rare.  Last year was the first time in the 8 winters that I've been here that it's snowed so hard that there was snow on the roads.  We actually had a white Christmas, too.

We may not get much snow, but we do get tornadoes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AZaNn3WDsQ

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: