Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
March 29, 2020, 09:38:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Playing your Ocarina in an empty Church Building.  (Read 2722 times)
Scott Maness

« on: December 22, 2011, 07:00:47 am »

I had visited the church that my Father in law pastors this evening.  The auditorium that they have is much larger than at my church, which is a smaller country church.  After services I was drawn into the auditorium allured by the thought of the amazing acoustics of the room.  With the lights dimmed and the people having already gone I played several Christmas hymns on my warmstone G.  As soon as I started to play the entire large auditorium was filled with music.  It sounded as if I was playing through a P.A.  but better.  I was totally immersed in the melodies that I was creating when my 4 year old came in the door and announced that, "Mom's ready to go".  She was able to hear the songs that I was playing all the way down the hallway in a different part of the building.   Smiley

It is such a blessing not to have to carry sound equipment around in order to make music!   
How can something this small produce such volume, without sounding harsh or overbearing?
And to think that I used to carry around that 100 watt guitar amp on a dolly. 

bakfot

Long ago I was a serious young man

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 08:14:01 am »

Fantastic! I've been wanting to try that, but my access to empty churches is rather limited...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: