Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
March 30, 2020, 11:26:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Transposing with ease?  (Read 9193 times)
BlueJack
Active Newbie

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2012, 06:22:10 am »

Well, I have little musical talent so I taught myself how to read music. I bought a program called "melody assistant" that can use all the ABC tunes I can find. It allows me to transpose, change time, instruments, add chords, add tabs, etc. Then it plays if for me so I can hear what the tune should sound like. If I add lyrics it will sing them (a bit weird) to help with the timing. Net result is I have all the music I can handle and them some. With practice I can amuse my grandchildren -- provided I adjust my hearing aids. Wink

4efs

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2012, 09:29:14 pm »

Sounds very cool Bluejack!  and fun. Smiley

"The real secret of success is enthusiasm." -Walter Chrysler
Frodo
Active Newbie

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2012, 03:43:57 am »

I actually just wrote a blog about something like this. Have you heard of "number scales"?

I use them all the time, and basically each note is assigned a number, C=1, D=2, E=3, etcetera. Instead of having all these seemingly random notes to remember (even if accompanied by mnemonic devices) you have a single set of numbers that corresponde with each note instead.

UncleO
Active Newbie

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2012, 06:14:43 am »

I actually just wrote a blog about something like this. Have you heard of "number scales"?

I use them all the time, and basically each note is assigned a number, C=1, D=2, E=3, etcetera. Instead of having all these seemingly random notes to remember (even if accompanied by mnemonic devices) you have a single set of numbers that corresponde with each note instead.

That is purr-zactly what my fakesheets represent, also adding the I, ii, iii, IV, V, V7, vi, vii, etc notation via w: when I have them, along with the lyrics.

Well, if you also use G=1, A=2, etc, and similarly for other keys.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: