Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
July 10, 2020, 01:08:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Fingering Chart  (Read 10313 times)
Vision River

« on: December 30, 2011, 02:52:45 am »

The sample curriculum pages from MOs 'Learning to Play MOUNTAIN OCARINAS®' book show this fingering chart for B, A and G:

What I am wondering is if the same charts are available for the whole scale.

These are great because they show me how to position my fingers to sound the note shown on the music sheet, with the name of the note.

With the chart showing on the screen at the same time with the music sheet, I can play 'Mary had a little lamb.'

I've ordered the curriculum. Does it have the same charting for the whole scale?

We gather here our horns to toot
and chat about the chamber flute.
Dan Hazy

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 03:05:25 am »

I recieved a fingering chart with both of my ocarinas. Call Karl and I'm sure he would be happy to send you one. Smiley The phone number is on the website.

Dan Hazy
Harp Player

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 04:10:53 am »

You should have got some cards with the fingering chart on them.  Look in your box again.  I think he also has a fingering chart on the website as well.

cerescop

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 06:01:52 am »

the whole fingering chart is available on the website, on the back of the business cards, and in the back of the self learning curriculum book. There are lots of places to get it. 

4efs

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 06:45:21 am »

It is also under the tabs section and came on the paper that came in the ziploc with your MO.

You might want to visit the tabs section to help you start familiarizing yourself with your MO too.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 07:34:13 am by 4efs » Logged

"The real secret of success is enthusiasm." -Walter Chrysler
Vision River

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 03:41:03 pm »

Wow! Thanks for all the response. I did see the Diatonic Fingerings on the chart in the ziploc bag, but somehow did not relate it with what I found on the sample page from the lesson book online.

Guess it was because with the online version I could look from the fingering to the music on one screen.

Or because the tension in my body hinders me from relaxing enough to see it. Too many thoughts!

I may play with putting the fingering with the music as a graphic, to get me started.

Not clear what the Tabs are.... will take a closer look.

Dan Hazy

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 07:16:19 pm »

Tabs is music that people who don't know how to read sheet music can read. On the MO it's pictures of each note that you make to play the song. Black dots are the holes you cover and the one without a black dot is the ones you don't cover. Smiley

Dan Hazy
Vision River

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 10:27:14 pm »

Tabs is music that people who don't know how to read sheet music can read. On the MO it's pictures of each note that you make to play the song. Black dots are the holes you cover and the one without a black dot is the ones you don't cover. Smiley

Omigosh! And there is a Tabs section on the site? With music written in Tabs? I am going there now!

Vision River

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 02:33:11 am »

I see the Tabs section brings up a vertical line of tabs for each song.

How does one use this?

As the tabs are in a vertical column, and four tabs (notes) show on the screen at a time, four notes could be played before needing to scroll down.

I am attempting to put Amazing Grace into horizontal-reading tabs by saving all tabs to a folder and inserting them into a graphics program but finding it laborious.

Am I missing something obvious??

Dan Hazy

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2011, 03:19:42 am »

When I go to the tabs screen, the notes appear horizontaly. When I did it, it showed all or most of it without scrolling down. Look at the top of the tabs section page and you will see G large G small C large C small. This is how big the tabs will appear, so click on the G small or C small. If that doesn't help then go to your computers heading ( the bar below the search bar) and click on View. Then click on Zoom and set it to a lower zoom percentage. I just printed out the tabs though. It helpful for when you want to play outside, which I do a lot whenever it's not cold Smiley.

Dan Hazy
Cliff

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2011, 05:07:32 am »

Fingering charts can be download from the links on this page: Smiley

http://www.mountainsocarina.com/b/faq/fingering/

--Cliff

Hard to find time for music?  Have you got 5 minutes?Join The 5-Minute Musician's Club™
Dunetraveller
Active Newbie

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2011, 10:34:32 am »

How does one use this?

As the tabs are in a vertical column, and four tabs (notes) show on the screen at a time, four notes could be played before needing to scroll down.

This happens for me as well. I use Safari (latest build) on my macbook pro, and I use Chrome on the Winblows 7 desktop upstairs. Both are unable to show the images side by side. I thought using a different browser or OS would do the trick. Perhaps the tabs section was coded for a particular browser? Maybe the webmaster would know? I would like to read the tabs side by side rather than in a single column. I have also zoomed out to the max I could go, but I still couldn't see all the tab images for a single song... but even if I could, the size reduction made seeing the detail all but impossible

Vision River

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2011, 02:47:10 pm »

Fingering charts can be download from the links on this page: Smiley

http://www.mountainsocarina.com/b/faq/fingering/

--Cliff

Thanks, Cliff. That's a help.

Vision River

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2011, 02:48:37 pm »

How does one use this?

This happens for me as well. I use Safari (latest build) on my macbook pro, and I use Chrome on the Winblows 7 desktop upstairs. Both are unable to show the images side by side. I thought using a different browser or OS would do the trick. Perhaps the tabs section was coded for a particular browser? Maybe the webmaster would know? I would like to read the tabs side by side rather than in a single column. I have also zoomed out to the max I could go, but I still couldn't see all the tab images for a single song... but even if I could, the size reduction made seeing the detail all but impossible

I use Chrome also. Some wrote that the tabs do appear horizontally. Wonder what browsers they use?

Vision River

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2011, 02:49:42 pm »

When I go to the tabs screen, the notes appear horizontaly. When I did it, it showed all or most of it without scrolling down. Look at the top of the tabs section page and you will see G large G small C large C small. This is how big the tabs will appear, so click on the G small or C small. If that doesn't help then go to your computers heading ( the bar below the search bar) and click on View. Then click on Zoom and set it to a lower zoom percentage. I just printed out the tabs though. It helpful for when you want to play outside, which I do a lot whenever it's not cold Smiley.

What browser do you use, Dan?

« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 09:47:28 pm by Vision River » Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: