Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
May 29, 2020, 10:07:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fingering Chart  (Read 10236 times)
Cliff

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2011, 05:52:02 pm »

I believe Firefox will work. I jut tried FF 8.01 on osx just now. I am to blame for the browser incompatibility. Sorry Sad I hacked this together a couple of years ago to test the then new google app engine. It seemed to work on current browsers at that time... but not today.

--Cliff

Hard to find time for music?  Have you got 5 minutes?Join The 5-Minute Musician's Club™
Dan Hazy

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2011, 07:21:15 pm »

I don't know exactly what you mean by browser. Forgive me for my lack of computer intelligence,lol.
If you mean by what computer I use, I use Microsoft Windows 98 (that's what it says on the computer anyways) it also says Gateway. To search the internet I use Internet Explorer.

I hope some of the information I provided was the answer to the question you asked. Smiley

Dan Hazy
Harp Player

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2011, 08:30:58 pm »

Firefox works just fine for my win 7 machine.  It also worked on my Vista machine before it died.  I noticed you had a PDF file of the fingering chart, that should work on any machine that has the adobie pdf reader installed.  I have never bothered with chrome or any of the other off brand browsers. 

« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 05:31:51 am by Harp Player » Logged
Dunetraveller
Active Newbie

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2011, 08:31:09 pm »

Thanks Cliff! I used to use FF exclusively for a long time, but broke out of the box to try some others. I have no problem using it again.

Dan: A browser is like a window to the internet. When someone talks about "opening a window" in terms of computers/internet, they really mean opening the web browser. You probably know the one you use -- Internet Explorer. There is also Netscape which was popular for years as a competitor to IE, Opera, FireFox, Safari, Chrome, etc.

When a person writes a program designed to function on a web page, they write it in a language that can function with one or more browsers. If a given browser goes to a website and isn't given proper instructions, all sorts of unintended consequences happen -- like text that seems to lay on top of other text (this happens a LOT), or what was once a nice grid of information gets displayed as a run on line or single column.

Of course, as in this case, sometimes the program is best viewed in a certain "window" like Firefox. This is because even though the language of Cliff's program hasn't been updated in a while, Firefox still supports programs that were written in earlier versions of its "language". Lucky for you (and me), Firefox is a very popular browser and all you have to do is search for it and install it for free to see the tab pages in all their original glory. :-)

Hope that wasn't too confusing.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: