Go to my shopping cart
Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
September 25, 2017, 09:48:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Playing vibrato on your ocarina  (Read 15395 times)
Cliff

« on: December 07, 2008, 07:42:58 am »

This board was called *quick* thoughts from Karl. The below video from Karl on vibrato are some "not so quick" thoughts from Karl  Smiley The video is about 30 minutes, but worth your time if you're ready to tackle vibrato, but keep in mind that you'll need 30 free to watch the video end-to-end.

Let us know what you think.

Hard to find time for music?  Have you got 5 minutes?Join The 5-Minute Musician's Club™
Laurent

Ocarina fan

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 09:22:31 am »

That's great, thanks a lot!!

Anyway, there is a 15-minute black screen at the end of the video, just before the last musical piece. The download would be faster without it (the black screen I mean, not the music) :-)

Looking forward to the serie about ornementation!!

Cliff

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 09:55:05 am »

there is a 15-minute black screen

Shocked  sorry about that. That explains why I thought the video was 30 minutes and when I looked at the time in vimeo it was 45. I must have messed something up in video editing  Sad

Hard to find time for music?  Have you got 5 minutes?Join The 5-Minute Musician's Club™
dereks

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 02:59:26 am »

I am a singer by nature and training, so I figured that I would be able to do a vibrato easily on the ocarina.  I couldn't have been more wrong.  It took a couple of weeks of whistling everywhere I went before I finally got it!  What a difference it makes!

hoodsmom

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 09:56:41 pm »

I don't know why, but I have the world's worst time with buffering of flash video and I have to say that vimeo is a major offender.  I'm using a G4 Mac which is old, but I wouldn't say ancient.  In any event, vimeo and metacafe tend to stall during the buffering process.  (I have fewer problems with YouTube and Hulu).  This is absolutely infuriating, because there is no help for the situation other than to refresh the page and start over with no guarantee that the buffering won't stall again.  I can sometimes locate the site and try to download the .flv file directly, but trying to do that now with the vibrato .flv isn't working - the download process starts, gets slower and slower and finally stops before the download completes.

Anyway, any chance you can post on YouTube instead of vimeo or (even better) split long "quick" thoughts into parts (that way if the buffering stalls I wouldn't have to start from the beginning).

I'd love to see the vibrato video, but it just isn't going to work at the moment. Angry

Cliff

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 10:54:11 pm »

hoodsmom,

That sounds really frustrating  Sad Sad

I've posted it here for you to download (it's 50+ megabytes):

http://www.mountainsocarina.com/tmp/vibrato-video86.wmv

It is in windows media which can be played in quicktime with an add in. Here is one:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/wmcomponents.mspx

Can you let me know when you've downloaded it so I can take it down.

Thanks.

Cliff

noahsummers

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 09:46:28 pm »

Hoodsmom: you know, you can download the videos in their original format from the actual video page, if you want. Wink  It should only take about as long as buffering the video normally would, I would think.

Unfortunately, vimeo embeds don't hotlink to the original page like youtube ones do, so you might want to bookmark MO's vimeo homepage: http://www.vimeo.com/user917091.

Podblast
Active Newbie

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 01:36:47 pm »

That was a lot of help. Thanks a lot!

Megabyte
Active Newbie

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 03:47:58 pm »

What to say about this video? Excellent, I say! I was totally clueless about how to get vibrato on my ocarina, and now I can start practicing!  Cheesy

Rossco
Active Newbie

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2010, 10:47:47 pm »

Here's the ad lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7joApY9dnw

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: