Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
April 07, 2020, 07:28:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Too Loud? My twist on volume control  (Read 16313 times)
MBalance
Active Newbie

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2012, 11:17:49 pm »

I just play my MO when I want to hear it then switch to a lighter ocarina or tin whistle when I want something with a bit less volume. Just got a Clarke Celtic Sweetone today, loving it so far  Cheesy very quiet.

Treblemaker

Student of the Ocarina

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2012, 07:40:27 am »

O Jaded, I tried your reverse V'd straw idea- it worked great till I pushed it down into my MO and it disappeared inside   Shocked  sigh- what a klutz!   Roll Eyes. O well I'm handy with a pair of tweezers and I got it out. Fortunately it was my Poly C with the big back holes. LOL

Jaded The Dragon
Active Newbie

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2012, 04:25:21 pm »

O Jaded, I tried your reverse V'd straw idea- it worked great till I pushed it down into my MO and it disappeared inside   Shocked  sigh- what a klutz!   Roll Eyes. O well I'm handy with a pair of tweezers and I got it out. Fortunately it was my Poly C with the big back holes. LOL

Yea i've done that myself with the early prototypes Wink  haha.   The idea is to cut the "v" to be a longer or taller aspect from the point of intersection.  If that didn't make sense then try to make it a Capital V instead of lowercase..   on  one version i put a thread through the top of one of the v points as to ensure no falling, Hope this helps

"Nothingness Reveals Everything, Lose Everything Without And Gain Everything Within." - Jaded The Dragon -
Treblemaker

Student of the Ocarina

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2012, 02:52:42 am »

Cheesy I like ur visual of the capital V, it really crystallized the picture! Thanks.

Scott Maness

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2012, 09:17:05 pm »

Great ideas Jaded and Jiminos!

Jaded, I love the Warmstone C video that you did.  Great choice in colors. Smiley

Jiminos, Thank you for the idea about the tape.  That works pretty well. 

Treblemaker

Student of the Ocarina

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2012, 10:19:36 pm »

I'm joining you in that addiction, 4efs! The next one my list is a HardWood C,
then of course the 2 octive (not sure of material) I would love to have an Aluminum, but Cliff says they don't have any more  Cry  .  And they have such a unique sound. O well, I will just have to survive.

Jaded, I really like your last Whisper Video- you sound great!!!

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: