Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
April 07, 2020, 08:35:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The 5th  (Read 4039 times)
UncleO
Active Newbie

« on: February 27, 2012, 07:56:57 pm »

Before I got my wonderful MOs, I worked hard on a recorder.

Now, I have a hard time not tooting the MO 6th instead of the 5th, because the same finger is the 6th on MOs and the 5th on the other.

Shoot.

kypfer

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 08:17:45 pm »

I have a hard time not tooting the MO 6th instead of the 5th, because the same finger is the 6th on MOs and the 5th on the other
been there, done that ... check out http://www.ocarinaboard.com/bb/index.php?topic=1484.msg13169#msg13169
not a recomendation,, per se, but it works for me  Wink

"I'm playing all the right notes—but not necessarily in the right order."
4efs

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 09:15:34 pm »

Or... you can just ...practice Wink

"The real secret of success is enthusiasm." -Walter Chrysler
UncleO
Active Newbie

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 06:56:01 am »

Well, 4efs. I'll be doing that.  Note that the problem exists amplified for me because I'm not note/Hz conscious, I am relative-to-tonic conscious.

And using sheets/fakes per previous posts of mine;  One sheet of staves works for all instruments because there is no key signature and the bottom line represents the tonic, whatever instrument I have in hand, and whatever/however-many key(s) I wish to play the piece in.

[transpose to E - major or minor as the piece calls for - then tell your abc file that the key is C.]

kypfer, I looked in vain for your similar problem at the link you gave me.  Took a while to figure you meant I should get out the drill or epoxy.

Howdy to both of you.

OH, OH!  Forgot to search here for the physics of the double/triple ocarina designs and an understanding of how in heck the fingering for the non-diatonic half-steps can work.

Please read my mind well enough to know I haven't found the info yet as you read this, and give me a good link?

lol;  Thanks

kypfer

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 07:28:02 am »

Please read my mind well enough to know I haven't found the info yet as you read this, and give me a good link?
... sorry, I never was much good at the mind-reading stuff, I think I probably mis-read your original question  Huh

"I'm playing all the right notes—but not necessarily in the right order."
UncleO
Active Newbie

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 08:34:36 am »

Well, I did find the basic answer to ocarina design;  it's nature, rather. Hooda thunk ol' Helmholtz would be involved.

And, as best I cab see so far, my MOs are single chamber so that may be the whole answer.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: