Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
November 30, 2020, 07:35:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Multi track recorders  (Read 9454 times)
Harp Player

« on: March 04, 2012, 10:59:41 pm »

I was wondering if any of you have actually tried any of the multi track digital recorders?

I have been looking at getting one not only for recording my MO but for other projects as well. 

bakfot

Long ago I was a serious young man

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 06:41:42 am »

I had some problems with your link, but I think it pointed here.

I use a Zoom PS04 four track thing that I bought seven or eight years ago. It is a bit out of date now, and I've been thinking of buying more recent model. My Zoom works well, so the model I have considered is a newer Zoom with eight tracks. Still haven't decided if I really need a newer model and more tracks, though. Most of the stuff on  my youtube channel is recorded with the Zoom.

HawkeyeMcFly

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 07:18:57 am »

Bakfot,
regarding your latest works, IMHO you shoud keep your PS04. You do a great job with it and it seems way more portable than the new model.

On the other hand Roll Eyes , IF you want to upgrade, I volunteer to "dispose" the "waste" Wink

In the meantime I do my songs unedited, without corrections or enhacements, to encourage others that not everyone plays perfect. Smiley

### Always remember the wise words of One-Arm McGinty: Never ever throw water balloons at people carrying chainsaws ###
bakfot

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 08:58:24 am »

Thank you, HawkeyeMcFly! Yeah, I think it serves me well enough. It's just the temptation if getting a new toy, you know  Wink

My philosophy is to do each track in one take, to push myself to play or sing the whole piece at least well enough. I've no aspirations towards perfection  Grin

Harp Player

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 05:18:54 pm »

I am wanting one for more than just recording me playing the MO.  I have a couple of other projects I am wanting to work on.  I don't want to spend $1600 on a high end model, but I should be able to come up with a few hundred for something that will do 4 tracks at a time.

bakfot

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 06:31:28 pm »

The Zoom eight track costs about $400 here.

Harp Player

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 06:54:50 am »

Thanks for the tip on the ZOOM. I did a bit of looking and found one that will record 8 tracks at a time with 160 virtual tracks for $400.I am definitely going to have to do a bit more homework before buying something like that.

bakfot

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 06:52:31 am »

I just bought a second hand ZOOM eight track, cost me about 170$. Now let's see what it can do  Smiley

Harp Player

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2012, 04:41:31 pm »

Congratulations on your new purchase.  I would love to run across a good used modern multi track recorder like that.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: