Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
October 30, 2020, 07:46:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tonguing and Double-Tounguing Your Ocarina  (Read 10042 times)
Cliff

« on: December 08, 2008, 08:04:14 pm »

Karl explains tonguing and double-tonguing your ocarina.

Please reply and let us know your thoughts.

Thanks.

Cliff

« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 08:06:26 pm by cliff » Logged

Hard to find time for music?  Have you got 5 minutes?Join The 5-Minute Musician's Club™
Laurent

Ocarina fan

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 10:07:22 pm »

Karl, that's really interesting.

But also very frustrating  Angry

I'll explain why: You are playing the double-tonguing sample song fast, with a cute ornamentation at the end, then playing it again slowly, and I'm holding my breath: "he will do the ornamentation slowly also, I will learn something terrific here!!!!" and... no, you just stop before it... OK, I know, it was no the point of this video, but please, push the priority of the ornamentation 101 (with dissection of a song) up on your list!!

Hey, forumers, with me: "We want the ornamentation tricks, We want the ornamentation tricks, We want the ornamentation tricks"!!

Grin Grin Grin

Karl

Coda Creator & Player

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 03:01:57 am »

Laurent,

This very week I will attempt to make some short videos in which I slowly break down some basic Celtic ornaments.  Thanks for that feedback!

Karl

Laurent

Ocarina fan

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 05:02:00 am »

Thanks!!  Grin Grin Grin

Spatolo

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 08:53:54 pm »

Hey, forumers, with me: "We want the ornamentation tricks, We want the ornamentation tricks, We want the ornamentation tricks"!!

"We want the ornamentation tricks, We want the ornamentation tricks, We want the ornamentation tricks"!!

I have not seen the video yet, could I miss any chance to play the wild one?

EDIT.
Hem I've just seen the video and that was just great! Esto video es buenisimo amigo.
Thank you for making it. TuckaTuckaTuckaTuckaTucka.

And now:
"We want the ornamentation tricks, We want the ornamentation tricks, We want the ornamentation tricks"!!

« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 09:04:24 pm by Spatolo » Logged
ubizmo

I couldn't fail to disagree with you less.

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 03:54:07 pm »

The tune I use to practice double-tonguing is Leroy Anderson's "Bugler's Holiday."  The beginning part works on the MO okay.  But here's an unusual cover of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqh35cKNRwg

Lord Oblivion

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 07:57:50 pm »

Holy crap that guy is amazing! I didn't know about that technique, it sounds pretty good considering it's only air blown into your hands!

Karl

Coda Creator & Player

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 08:23:58 pm »

"I didn't know about that technique, it sounds pretty good considering it's only air blown into your hands!"

I hate to give away that guy's secret because he's a faithful customer.  He's actually playing one of our G ocarinas, which he hides inside his cupped hands! Smiley (Just kidding!)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: