Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
March 30, 2020, 10:46:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone having a problem with just one note?  (Read 8056 times)
Hangbelly
Active Newbie

« on: April 11, 2012, 04:48:49 pm »

I'm using the "Learning to play Mountain Ocarinas" book to (obviously) learn to play my Mountain Ocarina, but I'm running into one problem that is driving me up a wall. I can't make C sound sound like C. High C and every every other note on the g ocarina sounds fine. If I go through he scale I can make c sound alright, but if I try to hit it right off the bat, it doesn't sound right.
  Anyone else have a wild note the doesn't want to be tamed?  Undecided 

4efs

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 03:31:10 am »

Gee, I wish it were only one! LOL! Practicing with a tuner can really help when a note is going awry for some reason or other, a transposing one is helpful of  course when you're playing the G. so you can play your song and just sort of dial in on the problem zone.  Sometimes you're closer than you think but your ear is playing tricks... sometimes not. I tend to have a prob with my low Cs because I go back and forth with the C and the G and play the low b a lot so it seems to get pretty bunged up for me. I am still really struggling with the high E on the C MO, especially my warmstone,
but I think that is a different sort of trouble than your talking about Embarrassed

Anyway, here's a link for an online transposing tuner in case you don't have one already Smiley
http://www.seventhstring.com/tuner/tuner.html

In the time that I've had my MO I've really gotten a lot better at being able to hold tha pitch steady with the tuner so if it seems wonky at first just keep at it.

"The real secret of success is enthusiasm." -Walter Chrysler
Hangbelly
Active Newbie

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 12:47:02 pm »

Sometimes you're closer than you think but your ear is playing tricks...

I know how that is. The few times I've played for others, they've said it sounds alright,and I'm thinking no it sounds like a crow in distress! Grin But I have noticed that it happens when I'm in a closed space(i.e. my car), but less when I'm in a large room or outside.
  Thanks for the link for the online tuner. I'll give it a try.

4efs

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 03:19:13 am »

Wow! playing for others, good for you!
Hope the tuner helps!

"The real secret of success is enthusiasm." -Walter Chrysler
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: