Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
March 29, 2020, 08:47:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: THE MAD OCARINIST STRIKES AGAIN...  (Read 9686 times)
Omega Zero
Active Newbie

It's showtime.

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2012, 01:26:40 am »

Just out of curiousity: what do you prefer to play in those parking lots?
From my experience I play slow pieces now because the reverb sounded terrible with fast pieces.
I play eg Greensleeves in slow (sounds really melancholic this way) or Halleluja from Cohen.

I've noticed that Ocarinas do well for slow and dramatic songs, particularly the MO key of C. Some of the best sounding ones I've played are Ocarina of Time's Song of Time, Zelda's Lullaby, and Lord of the Rings' Concerning Hobbits aka the Shire Theme. To me, some songs sound as if they are meant to be played on certain instruments. For example, Shiek's Theme sounds intended for harp, Gerudo Valley for the guitar. Concerning Hobbits is one that is definitely made for the Ocarina, at least the first, slow part. The middle, where it's happier and upbeat sounds more like it is for the violin.

"But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying 'til you run out of cake..."
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: