Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
December 01, 2020, 11:20:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it my imagination - or is everything getting slower  (Read 7525 times)
kypfer

« on: May 14, 2012, 07:30:26 pm »

Seems to me, more of late than usual, that with all the extra data that is getting downloaded from "google" and "analytics" and "facebook" and what seems like a dozen or more other sites, every time I open a new page on this forum I could almost make a coffee by the time it's finally loaded.
What's even worse, if I try to scroll down the page whilst it's loading, it almost immediately jumps back to the top ... until it's finally finished  Huh ...

"I'm playing all the right notes—but not necessarily in the right order."
angiessa

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 08:22:10 pm »

Have you cleared your browser history and cookies, and run a spyware scan lately? Both of those things can bog down your browser and make everything load painfully slow.

---
Read more about my adventures in music at the Wandering Zebra.
Harp Player

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 03:07:40 am »

Good advice Angiessa.  I would add that if you have a cable modem it helps to unplug it and the router every week or so, wait a minute or 2 them plug them back in Modem first, then the router a couple minutes later.

kypfer

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 05:58:54 am »

Thanks both ... but I'm getting similar results on different machines using different browsers. My caches are clear and I've got "Microsoft Security Essentials" monitoring the traffic on the Windows machines.

Seems like there's a constant war going on between Facebook and Google.Analytics and a stats counter and a few other sites in the background.

If I don't stop the page loading fairly promptly, it can finally hang and I have to close down the whole session and start again. I'm not getting these problems elsewhere Huh

"I'm playing all the right notes—but not necessarily in the right order."
Harp Player

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 04:32:30 pm »

I have a netgear router and I blocked www.google-analytics.com so now they can't track me anymore.  I would do that with facebook, but my wife is a farmville addict.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: