Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
March 29, 2020, 09:56:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BREAKTHROUGH!  (Read 3258 times)
Treblemaker

Student of the Ocarina

« on: May 14, 2012, 10:28:11 pm »

Praise God!
I've not only discovered what I'm doing wrong, but I've been able to correct it! I have been having trouble playing sharp (1/4 to 1/2 step higher) on the high notes on my Warmstone G. The great advise of Ubizmo and Kypfer have really helped. I am a vocalist, a 1st soprano, and I've been really over blowing, yet when I blew softly, the notes didn't sound good (kind of indistinct) I've now learned, thru working with my keyboard, for pitch, just how hard to blow- and my notes are much clearer. When you sing a high C (C-3) up to a high G (G-3) you use a tremendous amount of air- but NOT ON THE MO!  Roll Eyes
Anyway, thanks for listening to my jubilation!  Grin

Pamela

Harp Player

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 03:01:27 am »

I am glad that you were able to work out the problem.  I played a few times with a tuner and that made a big difference to my playing.  It's all about muscle memory and breath control. Practice with another instrument or with a tuner is a good way to help you develop the memory with the correct pitch.  I was blowing too hard at first as well because a harmonica take more wind and pressure than the MO.

angiessa

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 02:57:41 pm »

Congratulations!  Grin

---
Read more about my adventures in music at the Wandering Zebra.
4efs

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 03:11:58 pm »

Yay! Good for you! Smiley

"The real secret of success is enthusiasm." -Walter Chrysler
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: