Go to my shopping cart
Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
November 23, 2014, 03:53:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Zelda, Pokemon, and more tabs from video games  (Read 5049 times)
Omega Zero
Active Newbie

It's showtime.

« on: June 12, 2012, 09:33:38 PM »

When I was learning to play my ocarina, I came across Moonsyne's tab sheets and found them easy to understand and simple. I was especially thrilled at "Concerning Hobbits", one of my favorite songs and one that sounds great on an ocarina. Unfortunately, there were some songs that were not on the list that I wanted to learn, and some of the ones I learned were incomplete. So I set out converting songs from sheet music to Mountain Ocarina tablature sheets to give to you to enjoy.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 09:38:19 PM by Omega Zero » Logged

"But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying 'til you run out of cake..."
Omega Zero
Active Newbie

It's showtime.

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 09:37:10 PM »

Well, that is, if I knew how to post them. Can anyone help with this? Thanks.

"But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying 'til you run out of cake..."
angiessa

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 03:40:44 AM »

Are you trying to post the images? Or a link?

For an image, there's a button on the reply screen that looks like a picture in a frame. It's small -- on my screen, it's on the line of icons below the bold, italic, and underline buttons. Click that, and enter the link for your image.

Alternately, you can click on "Additional Options" below the text entry box, and attach a file that way, but that's going to get tedious if you have more than a couple.

For a link to the images, use the code [ url = your url ] link text [ /url ]. (Leave out the spaces, though.)

Hope that helps. Smiley

---
Read more about my adventures in music at the Wandering Zebra.
Omega Zero
Active Newbie

It's showtime.

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 09:56:25 AM »

Thsnks. The only problem is that Portal's Still Alive is too large a file size. For now though, Here are some others: Arryl's Theme, Kakariko Village, and Song of Storms-modified to fit the MO.

Omega Zero
Active Newbie

It's showtime.

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 09:57:38 AM »

Also, here's Jigglypuff's Lullaby and Pokemon Center theme.

angiessa

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 03:50:01 PM »

For that file that's too big, you can try uploading it to an image host instead, then linking to it here. Photobucket is pretty decent, and once your image is uploaded they'll give you the links already formatted -- just look for the one that says [ img ] [ /img ].

---
Read more about my adventures in music at the Wandering Zebra.
Omega Zero
Active Newbie

It's showtime.

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 12:46:36 AM »

Well, I didn't use Photobucket, though I may in the future, I found that I can compress the image into a zip folder. So here it is: Portal's Still Alive, lyrics included.

Omega Zero
Active Newbie

It's showtime.

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 12:51:22 AM »

Another one I completely forgot, the full transcription of Hyrule Catle Town Market from Ocarina of Time. Moonsyne had the first part, but after playing it a while, I felt the urge to finish the song, so I looked up the sheet music and came up with the complete version. Hopefully, I can eventually finish Concerning Hobbits from Moonsyne's work, but it is difficult and will take a while. Any help would be appreciated.

Omega Zero
Active Newbie

It's showtime.

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 02:42:23 PM »

Another one I just finished: the complete Song of Time, as played in Ocarina of Time's Temple of Time. Enjoy.

Omega Zero
Active Newbie

It's showtime.

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 11:12:57 PM »

I've done it again. Two more songs have gone through my tabulation process. Like all my tabs, these have been personally tested to sound right. Today I bring you two Zelda favorites: The Ocarina of Time theme, and Clock Town's theme. I have also created a very useful document, if any of you out there want to make your own tabs. I have composed a chart that displays each note that the MO can play, along with the corresponding tabs for MO, 4-hole, and 12-hole ocarinas and the musical staff. MO tabs are fairly rare by comparison, most out there are for the 4 or 12 hole ocarinas. With this chart, now you can find your favorite songs tabulated for other ocarinas, or on a musical staff, and translate them into the version that is right for you. Enjoy.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 01:26:32 PM by Omega Zero » Logged

Omega Zero
Active Newbie

It's showtime.

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2012, 12:16:52 AM »

Okay, after a long wait, I have more tabs to post. Also, I finally got a Photobucket account so I am posting new tabs and reposting old ones under an easy-to-navigate list if links. Enjoy!

Pokemon:
Pokemon Center

Jigglypuff's Lullaby

Legend Of Zelda
Temple of Time (Ocarina of Time)

Song of Storms (Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask)

Song of Healing (Majora's Mask)

Song of Double Time (Majora's Mask)

Sonata of Awakening (Majora's Mask)

Requiem of Spirit (Ocarina of Time)

Prelude of Light (Ocarina of Time)

Ocarina of Time Theme (Ocarina of Time)

Oath to Order (Majora's Mask)

Nocturne of Shadow (Ocarina of Time)

Minuet of Forest (Ocarina of Time)

Kakariko Village (Ocarina of Time)

Inverted Song of Time (Majora's Mask)

Hyrule Castle Town Market (Ocarina of Time)

Clock Town (Majora's Mask)

Arryl's Theme (Wind Waker)

Other
Still Alive (Portal)

Tab Converter Chart

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: