Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
April 07, 2020, 06:29:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Playing in a Cathedral  (Read 5817 times)
blucougar
Active Newbie

I don't lurk; I prowl.

« on: June 14, 2012, 09:22:23 pm »

I walked into St Paul's Cathedral in Melbourne this morning, and no one at all was in sight, so I found a cosy spot, whipped out my warmstone C and played through a slightly rough rendition of "As The Deer Pants" - one of my fave gospel songs.

The acoustics were to die for - the music seemed like it echoed throughout the whole buiding. When I finished, one of the vergers who work there approached me. I thought I was in trouble, but then he complimented me on the lovely music and invited me to keep playing! I didn't have the time then, but I will definitely go back again, and take advantage of those gorgeous acoustics.

Music be the food of love... yaddah yaddah yaddah.
Prairie Wolf

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 09:25:46 pm »

Oh, how neat that must have been! I would loved to have heard it, seen the cathedral. What a fantastic opportunity.

"The spirit of the Earth in the notes of the flute
the song speaks for my soul, when my voice is mute." -- kap
Harp Player

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 06:14:55 am »

Sounds like you had a great place to play, I have never been in one of those fancy Cathedral things. I guess I am just too much of a country boy.  As the Deer  in the key of D is one of my goto songs on the Ocarina, it also sounds great on the Harmonica as well.

blucougar
Active Newbie

I don't lurk; I prowl.

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 03:10:39 am »

It was just too good an opportunity to pass up, although, I admit I probably wouldn't have been brave enough to do it if there had been anyone in there to start with.   Grin

Music be the food of love... yaddah yaddah yaddah.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: