Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
October 22, 2019, 03:56:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
  Print  
Author Topic: Loving Your Neighbor Means Controlling Your Sound  (Read 70370 times)
Spatolo

« Reply #120 on: July 09, 2010, 09:57:45 am »

Hm, it may have any sense to fill the seal with anything like "blu tack" or anything like that?

Nephiel

« Reply #121 on: July 09, 2010, 09:38:03 pm »

Good idea! Thanks, Spatolo!
I wonder, why didn't I think of that? I had a packet of tack in my desk all along!
It's not blu-tack (this one is white and feels "gummier" than blu-tack), but it's the stuff I use to hang posters on the walls without damaging either. Sticks to the surface of the poly G like a dream, but also comes off easily and leaves no residue.

I finished an ocbox. Nothing fancy, just a recycled cardboard box stuffed with foam, two rough holes for the hands and one for the mouthpiece extension, which is a short piece of heatshrink tubing sealed with tack.

Then I spent most of the afternoon playing. This box only muffles the sound a bit... I'd say it's about 40%-50% quieter. But it makes a huge difference in the highest notes! Now I can play those at full blast without reserve.

Spatolo

« Reply #122 on: July 15, 2010, 12:16:53 am »

Hey, this is great.

I'm very happy for you that you could get an item which works for you. And doing it with your own hands is for sure a satisfaction on itself.

Would you post some pictures?
I'm pretty curious.

Thanks!

Nephiel

« Reply #123 on: July 15, 2010, 07:41:33 pm »

As I said, it's nothing fancy, in fact it's rather crude... anyway here's a pic.
The box is upside down in the picture to show the holes for the hands. I took the MO out of the box to show the mouthpiece.

Spatolo

« Reply #124 on: July 15, 2010, 08:14:36 pm »

well it's not meant to look good, but to be functional. And actually it doesn't look that bad neither!

BTW, play-asia, lol. I ordered some retro games from them, too.

Spatolo

« Reply #125 on: July 15, 2010, 08:25:42 pm »

BTW, thanks for sharing. The attachment to the ocarina looks very effective.

Auroch

« Reply #126 on: May 16, 2014, 02:22:44 am »

Fantastic stuff!

Auroch
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
  Print  

Jump to: