Our guarantees Forum - Discussion Board Ocarina Lessons about us about our ocarinas ocarina video ocarina sound samples ocarinas and music Home Page
October 22, 2019, 03:49:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Karl in The 5-Minute Musician's Club™.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Karl only have one shirt?  (Read 35512 times)
onewhohopes

Kayaking!

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2009, 01:00:50 am »

I can't believe I have not thought of this before!  I can't count the times I've bumbled around the cold basement in my underwear looking for clothes that I know are not clean (oddly enough its usually a grey t-shirt...)  Maybe you are slowly brain-washing ocrinists and secretly gathering forces to take over the world... The first stage is the uniform. Next, we all learn how to play amazingly good ocarina music that no one can resist listening to. Finally, we will be secretly activated through a youtube video and we will go out and infect the world with our music like a virus... and who knows what comes after that... Shocked

Vivu Esperanto!
Mikael
Active Newbie

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2009, 12:34:47 am »

Like everything else... it's a conspiracy

Xaio30
Active Newbie

www.youtube.com/xaio30

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2009, 05:44:48 am »

Jupp. The "Gray T-shirt" conspiracy will soon conquer you too!  Roll Eyes

fairy nuff, 'nuff said.
Karl

Coda Creator & Player

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2009, 10:12:39 pm »

I can’t believe you guys figured out the gray t-shirt/world domination conspiracy! When I first made that gray t-shirt video, it was a sort of tongue-in-cheek apology for wearing the same color t-shirt in all my videos. Taking over the world was more of an afterthought.

You know, I’m actually relieved that the gray t-shirt conspiracy has finally been exposed. These days, it’s tough enough trying to spend time with my family and run a small company without having to plan how to take control of an entire planet.

So now, if you do choose to wear a gray t-shirt most of the time, don’t do it just because you are being manipulated into participating in a sinister plot and stuff like that. Instead, do it for the freedom, do it for the fashion, do it because it is the right thing to do. Wink

« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 10:16:52 pm by Karl » Logged
Flotonic
Active Newbie

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2009, 11:17:56 pm »

9:03 seconds talking about clothing... I see that Karl was a fashion designer in his time as well!  Grin

If there was ever a Mountain Ocarina cartoon series, I'd say Karl should be the main character, because, like a cartoon character, he wears similar clothes every day!  Grin I agree with your sense of fashion, man.  Wink

Karl

Coda Creator & Player

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2009, 02:13:28 am »

9:03 seconds talking about clothing... I see that Karl was a fashion designer in his time as well!

Yeah, only nine minutes! I barely scratched the surface of this critically important subject, but I decided ahead of time to keep it brief.

If there was ever a Mountain Ocarina cartoon series, I'd say Karl should be the main character, because, like a cartoon character, he wears similar clothes every day!   I agree with your sense of fashion, man.

Thanks for your insightful commentary on cartoon characters. I think we can all take inspiration from their example. I mean, guys like Bullwinkle, Mickey, and SpongeBob don't waste time every morning deciding what to wear.  They live life instead of dressing in preparation for it!

Spatolo

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2009, 01:02:02 pm »

Business idea:

Why you folks at mountain ocarinas don't start to sell gray shirts? Smiley

Flotonic
Active Newbie

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2009, 03:28:05 pm »

Absolutely welcome, Karl! I must agree to the cartoon character clothing selection theory... again. Cheesy Speaking of which... I did, at one time, come across a five in one package of black shirts, so I bought it (who won't buy stuff that's five for the price of one?  Roll Eyes). I find myself wearing them often, so why not just buy about five of those packages when my other shirts get too small? I'll have a trademark!  Grin

Also, nice business idea, Spatolo! "You'll get half off your Mountain Ocarina if you buy a gray shirt for double the price of the ocarina itself!" It's like the fanbase is composed of people that actually think that's a deal, and WalMart, Krogers, KMart, and many other clothing stores go out of business because of that.  Roll Eyes

AzKiteMan

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2009, 12:38:50 am »

Business idea:

Why you folks at mountain ocarinas don't start to sell gray shirts? Smiley

We'll buy a bunch of karl's shirts in different sizes and sew a "Mountain Ocarinas" label on the inside neck, and sell them for 3.5 dollars more xP

Ich genieße Versuch, sprechenden verschiedenen Sprachen nachzuahmen! =D
noahsummers

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2009, 12:57:05 pm »

We need to ask Karl what brand of t-shirt he has so we can all buy hundreds of them and have a world-wide Mountain Ocarina-owner dress code.  Then if you think you see a familiar face in public, but aren't sure, just check for The T-Shirt!

Karl

Coda Creator & Player

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2009, 01:34:13 pm »

We need to ask Karl what brand of t-shirt he has so we can all buy hundreds of them and have a world-wide Mountain Ocarina-owner dress code.  Then if you think you see a familiar face in public, but aren't sure, just check for The T-Shirt!

It's true that this would be one way to find each other in this wide world. We could walk down any busy city street, scan the hurrying masses, and quickly locate other Mountain Ocarinas players to make music with.

Now, I'm not being critical, but there might be a couple tiny drawbacks to this plan.  For instance, how well would this work at the beach, at graduation ceremonies, or at formal black tie dinners? And wouldn't a mandatory dress code impinge just a little on our freedom to wear a gray t-shirt?  Maybe this is a question for a philosopher like Ubi.

All drawbacks aside, from a busines owner's point of view, I like the "WOULD YOU LIKE FRIES WITH THAT?" approach that has worked so well for McDonald's and Burger King. "Would you like a gray t-shirt with your order?" However, if we follow Noah's advice, our approach would be slightly different.  We wouldn't be asking. We'd be telling people, "You WILL have a gray t-shirt with your order!"

armisis

www.youtube.com/armisis

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2009, 02:38:08 pm »

Ooooh I would like a MO Grey shirt with the MO Logo embroidered into the left chest nicely with the name Karl embroidered under it hehe... make every single shirt the same all with "Karl" on it...

Dave

Down with the Evil Recorders! Up with the Angelic Ocarina!

David D. Stanton
www.youtube.com/armisis
Parsec
Active Newbie

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2009, 02:10:50 pm »

If there was ever a Mountain Ocarina cartoon series, I'd say Karl should be the main character, because, like a cartoon character, he wears similar clothes every day!  Grin I agree with your sense of fashion, man.  Wink
Karl is actually a PhD professor (see attachment).

It's true that this would be one way to find each other in this wide world. We could walk down any busy city street, scan the hurrying masses, and quickly locate other Mountain Ocarinas players to make music with.
We should have a secret handshake or, better yet, a password-counterpassword system. Imagine yourself spotting someone in a gray shirt. It's a karl-type T, but just to make sure you yell "MOUNTAIN!" and everyone starts staring at you with a puzzled look; except for that one guy, who yells back "OCARINA!". And then both of you proceed to play all day long Grin

[...]how well would this work at the beach, at graduation ceremonies, or at formal black tie dinners? And wouldn't a mandatory dress code impinge just a little on our freedom to wear a gray t-shirt?[...]
We could all go Automan style (see attachment*). It would probably require the T-shirts to be made radioactive, though Shocked

*Couldn't find a picture of him wearing a suit.

All drawbacks aside, from a busines owner's point of view, I like the "WOULD YOU LIKE FRIES WITH THAT?" approach that has worked so well for McDonald's and Burger King. "Would you like a gray t-shirt with your order?" [...]
I read sometime ago that a local Harley Davidson retail dealer increased their leather jacket sales by 40% after they started asking customers something like "How about an authentic leather jacket to go along with your new bike?".

rg
Active Newbie

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2009, 10:34:19 pm »

Help!!!!!??? I can't find link where I can get grey t-shirt with MO Logo and with a huge photo of Karl on the back! I tired to look for it…

rg
Active Newbie

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2009, 11:17:58 pm »

I was just kidding!!  Wink
But by the way I love dark grey color too!!
And one more thing to add is that when Karl does not change color of his t-shirt it helps to stay focus more on his message in video then on how he looks! Way to go, Karl!  Grin

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: